the conclusion is quite simple:
1. go to this awesome guide http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/
2. follow the steps from roughly half of the second step
After you have followed all the steps above you will have the new ICS B926 and CWM installed.
- Boot in to freshly installed ICS, install ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone, enable USB debugging and then connect USB cable - make sure adb works.
- At this point it is wise to remove the dload folder from the sdcard so you do not mistakenly re-flash the update (thanks to tronads for pointing this part out).
- Download 'unlockbootloader.exe' from http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=81949
- Run 'unlockbootloader.exe' and click 'ROOT Your Phone' - a console will appear and then close, after this open the app drawer and check that Superuser.apk has been installed OK, if so, you now have root.
- Run 'unlockbootloader.exe' again and this time click 'Unlock BOOTLOADER' - you should see the capacitive buttons flash on your phone and the app will close on completion.
- Power off your phone, remove battery for a few seconds and replace, then power on whilst holding vol. down and power to go in to fastboot - the phone will hang on the splash screen whilst in fastboot.
- Once this is done, follow the instructions to install clockworkmod recovery from either ( http://www.modaco.co...15ascend-g-300/ ) or ( http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/ ). Which link you go to is your choice.
Now might be a good time to download and install Gapps. To do this download the following file ( http://goo.im/gapps/...0429-signed.zip ) and copy it to your SDCard (be sure that you copy it to the SDcard and NOT the internal 2gb). Then boot in to recovery (power off, pull battery and replace, then hold vol. up and power on) and flash the gapps zip file you just downloaded and then do a wipe/factory reset - this will make sure you get the full google setup on next boot.
3. Then follow this guide to install cwm
http://www.modaco.co...__ cwm install
3.Installing Clockwork Mod Recovery.
Some users have had issues with flashing this so i have done some text editing of some of Pauls scripts for his root method to make a similar one click install for Clockwork Mod Recovery. I have bundled the latest version by Sebastian as of the 5th May 2012. So please first of all,
3a. Download this file first. Easy CWM Recovery Installer. Now extract the zip file to a suitable location. On your phone press Menu, Settings, Applications, Development. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
3b. Power off your phone and pull the battery. Replace the battery and power on your phone with the volume DOWN key pressed.
3c. The same as Pauls root Installing your phone will now stick on the Huawei logo. Plug in your USB cable.
3d. Same as Pauls still...
For WINDOWS - double click 'install-cwmrecovery-windows.bat'
For MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-cwmrecovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-cwmrecovery-mac.sh'
For LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh'.
3.e When finished, you can put your device in recovery mode by turning off the phone, pulling the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume UP' button pressed to enter recovery.
Note that to navigate the menus you use the volume keys and the home button makes a selection. Back obviously goes back.
4. You should be up and runnin by now )