Phone Constantly Rebooting Itself

Guest beautifulily

Guest beautifulily

I've tried everything I've been advised, on my once-bricked phone - installing CWM (which didn't work on my phone), I tried flashing recovery, but all that happens now when I turn my phone on is it goes from the Android logo to a black screen to a black screen with two white ellipses. I tried taking it to this phone shop in town, but the guy didn't even want to look at it; he said OSF's have unreliable software or something. But there has to be a way of fixing it, right?

Can anyone tell me something I can do that could possibly help? Thanks.

Guest chris231

first make sure the phone is well charged. Leave over night on the charger.

then i'd try flashing a TPT again. Make sure you have the right one and that you hold: vol+ and home down and power on together until you see the progress bar.

need folder on root of sd card called image and a tpt file called image.bin

hopefully that'll get you into CWM to flash a rom.

Failing that when I've really trashed it, I've flashed an original TFT from ZTE which takes it back to orange branding.

Chris

Guest beautifulily

When I charge my phone, it does the rebooting thing over and over, which is cool except it vibrates every time it turns on and the camera flash flashes.

Thanks, I guess I could try that again after charging it.

Guest MadEye Moody

When I charge my phone, it does the rebooting thing over and over, which is cool except it vibrates every time it turns on and the camera flash flashes.

Thanks, I guess I could try that again after charging it.

You mean even after you pull the battery out, wait for 5 seconds (or more), put the battery in and plug in the charger, it reboots?

Guest AmbushReality

Yes, even when I try that.

My phone is water damaged, and it does something similar when it boots. Mine actually works, but here is what i do to make it charge: Hold down Vol-, Vol+, menu, Power and Back. Then, somehow, push the charger in while holding down all the keys I said, and report back :)

Guest beautifulily

My boyfriend and I did some stuff to it and the ...... screen doesn't come up anymore. When I turn my phone on, the LED light stays on, and the Android logo does too, that's it. It doesn't boot into ClockworkMod or anything - is there any way I can install CWM from where I am now? If not, where can I get the original stock TPT?

I assume it's charging when I put it on charge now, that's good. :)

Edited by beautifulily

Guest AmbushReality

My boyfriend and I did some stuff to it and the ...... screen doesn't come up anymore. When I turn my phone on, the LED light stays on, and the Android logo does too, that's it. It doesn't boot into ClockworkMod or anything - is there any way I can install CWM from where I am now? If not, where can I get the original stock TPT?

Has your phone suffered any damage?

Guest beautifulily

Has your phone suffered any damage?

Not physically, it hasn't. It's emotionally damaged though. No, I'm kidding, I mean to say that we've tampered with the software, etc., a lot.

Guest AmbushReality

Not physically, it hasn't. It's emotionally damaged though. No, I'm kidding, I mean to say that we've tampered with the software, etc., a lot.

Pretty much everyone else has messed with the software alot, including me. My phone has bricked 3 times but it survived. Only thing I haven't done to mine is TPT it. That should have never damaged the hardware. If nothing is happening, then there is no way to get CWM, fastboot or otherwise. Id say, your phone is Hardbricked somehow.

Guest beautifulily

Pretty much everyone else has messed with the software alot, including me. My phone has bricked 3 times but it survived. Only thing I haven't done to mine is TPT it. That should have never damaged the hardware. If nothing is happening, then there is no way to get CWM, fastboot or otherwise. Id say, your phone is Hardbricked somehow.

That's a new diagnosis. When I did have CWM, I couldn't do anything on it because - it just didn't work. I couldn't select any of the options, I could only scroll through them.

Guest MadEye Moody

Well lets hope what you are describing is fastboot. If it is, then you can install CWM from there.

Guest AmbushReality

That's a new diagnosis. When I did have CWM, I couldn't do anything on it because - it just didn't work. I couldn't select any of the options, I could only scroll through them.

Are your Hardkeys screwed? Or is it something internal?

Guest beautifulily

Well lets hope what you are describing is fastboot. If it is, then you can install CWM from there.

Can't seem to download CWM because I can't run command prompts as it says the device isn't found.

Guest AmbushReality

Can't seem to download CWM because I can't run command prompts as it says the device isn't found.

I Don't think theres anything we can do :(

Guest AmbushReality

There has to be a way of getting the computer to recognise my phone, surely?

I don't know. There is some universal drivers that MIGHT help you, ill grab a link and paste it soon

EDIT: Try this: http://junefabrics.com/android/ (Click the free version)

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest AmbushReality

Oh dear God. That thing again. I guess I could give it another try, thanks xD I'll try it out and get back to you.

Alright, Hope it works :D

Guest beautifulily

Alright, Hope it works :D

It didn't quite work :/ it keeps saying my phone hasn't been recognised, so the driver can't be installed.