• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Bender

Bender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Have flashed and rooted - can someone confirm

a) OTA updates no longer work - what will happen if I accidently OK the install prompts - is there any way to suppress these?
B) best app to made backups - clockwork recovery with titanium backup - if I make full nandroid - will titatium restore all apps fully?
c) I plan to test out paranoid android first then probably the modoco ROM - any other suggestions

Thanks in advance

jmagee

jmagee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4; Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@jay84uk

Have flashed and rooted - can someone confirm

a) OTA updates no longer work - what will happen if I accidently OK the install prompts - is there any way to suppress these?
B) best app to made backups - clockwork recovery with titanium backup - if I make full nandroid - will titatium restore all apps fully?
c) I plan to test out paranoid android first then probably the modoco ROM - any other suggestions

Thanks in advance

OTA shouldn't work however if it does it will likely remove root.

Clockwork and titanium work fine for me

Can't help sorry, I only use modaco now although i used to be a massive fan of Cyanogen

chrisbarker

chrisbarker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 4, B&N Nook HD+
  • Twitter:@fictionchris
I have rooted my stock rom also and for me I'm resisting custom roms for now (although I have CWM on for when I do) but I have installed stick mount for USB OTG Storage, and AdFree Android to get rid of most of the in app adverts as well as 'Switch Me' which allows you to create multiple user logins for the tablet. So now if my wife is ever stuck without her iPad she can log onto mine and check her stuff without signing me out of my apps. :)

CURRENT DEVICES -
Google Nexus 4 (Stock)

Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Carbon Rom)

DEVICE HISTORY -

Phones (Including SmartPhones) :
Bosch 509e, Nokia 402, Nokia 702, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Siemens C35i, Nokia 3330, Samsung A300, Panasonic GD75, Sony Ericsson T68i, Sony Ericsson T610, Sony Ericsson P900, Nokia 7600, Nokia N-Gage, Samsung E720, Nokia 6230, O2 XDA Mini S (HTC Wizard), T-Mobile MDA Vario 2, O2 XDA Orbit 2, LG Renoir, HTC Diamond, Blackberry 8800, HTC HD2, Sony Xperia Play, ZTE Blade, Nexus S (AMOLED), Nokia Lumia N800, Nokia Lumia 520

PDA's/Netbooks/Tablets :
Casio Cassiopeia E-125, Psion Series 5, HP IPaq 2400 & HP IPaq 3715, Nokia N770 Internet Tablet, ASUS EEE PC 701, Samsung NC10, Advent Vega, Nook Color, Nexus 7,

cjb110

cjb110

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Devices:HTC One (M7), Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@cjb110
For the moment I'm sticking with Modaco rom, it's basically stock with some of the niggles fixed. Plus with the kitchen, you can further customize it just for you.

If there were two of you, which one would win?

..::Chris Beach::..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users