- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

aig

aig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I don;t understand this thread. Did you upgrade to ICS and are having problems?

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP

I don;t understand this thread. Did you upgrade to ICS and are having problems?

yes but then i downgraded back to B882 to get all the latest updates and wait for ICS but i downgraded and the phone went bezerk(wouldn't let me update to B892 via OTA or force the update.zip) and then i realised i had broken the phone completely when notifications toggles weren't there,my contacts wouldn't restore from a .vcf back up and the camera stopped working :wacko:

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
The camera issue is confusing but the lack of toggles is what you get if you flash without the vendor file. No mystery there. You should have been able to restore your pre ICS upgrade backup after the downgrade and everything including toggles would have been fine. If you didn't have one then that's a mistake!

Edited by Hogweed, 05 August 2012 - 06:50 PM.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

The camera issue is confusing but the lack of toggles is what you get if you flash without the vendor file. No mystery there. You should have been able to restore your pre ICS upgrade backup after the downgrade and everything including toggles would have been fine. If you didn't have one then that's a mistake!

i had a back up atomic mod but i didn't have one for B882/5 so i was kinda f***ed :( ...but apart from that everything else works but i couldn't upgrade to B892 after i flashed the update on B882 to B885,so i was stuck with a brokenish B885..so i went to the Voda store to get it fixed and i checked the status online but it hasn't arrived at their tech factory(whatever the call it) <_<

If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
What's needed is for someone to upload a clean CWM flashable Vodafone stock B892 complete with the vendor bit. Just wondering why you didn't just restore your backup of Atomicmod after downgrade?

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

What's needed is for someone to upload a clean CWM flashable Vodafone stock B892 complete with the vendor bit. Just wondering why you didn't just restore your backup of Atomicmod after downgrade?

yeah i did but i just wanted to get the phone back to the original settings and software direct from vodafone so i said it was broken and hopefully they will fix it if not ill just go back to B927 OR JUST GET A REFUND AND BUY A NEW PHONE

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7

But would that bring the notification widgets back?

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

But would that bring the notification widgets back?

I tried that but notifications toggles never came back.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
well just checked the repair status again,and its in the repair center yaaaaay ^_^
but if they dont fix it ill hopefully get a full refund and just buy a ZTE Skate (found one for about a £100 actually :huh: )

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
Update:Just checked the status of the repair...it says report completed and am I am hoping to pick it up soon...i'll update you guys soon once i pick it up from the store(which should be in a few days *fingers crossed* ^_^)

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android

but if they dont fix it ill hopefully get a full refund and just buy a ZTE Skate (found one for about a £100 actually :huh: )

I do not see the Skate as serious competition. It only has an underpowered ARMv6 CPU, so what is the point of getting one now that ARMv7 is finally becoming the standard even in the budget segment?

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

I do not see the Skate as serious competition. It only has an underpowered ARMv6 CPU, so what is the point of getting one now that ARMv7 is finally becoming the standard even in the budget segment?

its the same price but they've fixed it now , at least they said they have and hopefully once i pick it up ..ill put it through its paces and if its not up to scratch ,im either going to get a Motorola defy + or the Zte Grand X

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
Just thought i would upload a picture of the repair status...Attached File  repair status-completed.PNG   24.16KB   32 downloads

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

Just thought i would upload a picture of the repair status...Attached File  repair status-completed.PNG   24.16KB   32 downloads

Nice one.

XP? Wow.. Haven't used that in a while..

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Nice one.

XP? Wow.. Haven't used that in a while..

its says its repaired but ill be the judge of that (i know what was wrong but i didnt have the resources to fix it myself and if they dont fix it i want my money back !!!!!)

... oh yh i kinda bought a netbook coz i got bored of the pc and i got a nice eee pc for like 70 quid only problem was it didnt have windows 7 and xp is pretty good for basic stuff so i said "why not?!" lol

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
Also i was planning to make a backup of the B882 rom with all the voda crapware and stuff and upload it to solidfiles...if they have fixed it properly that is...
Any one interested ,if i upload it or should i not worry?
+ 1 if you want it...

Edited by mack_, 08 August 2012 - 10:30 AM.

diddydavro

diddydavro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, HUDL2, Tab3
Yes please I'm interested; you never know if you may need it. Can you let us know when it's there.

Regards

Huawei Ascend G510, Moto G, Nokia Asha 201, Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 8", Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 7", Google Chromecast 

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
+1 if you stop shouting

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
Final Update: it has arrived at the store and i am going to pick it up now...will be back soon guys.
Attached File  repair satus-dispatched.PNG   24.98KB   5 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by mack_, 08 August 2012 - 10:31 AM.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

+1 if you stop shouting

i will in a few minutes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users