Did B892 fix the battery level fluctuating problem?

Guest Hogweed

Guest Hogweed

Many have mentioned seeing this and I used to get it regularly. Symptoms included being warned of 29% charge and then a few moments later back at 60%. Sometimes the phone would warn me several times that I had just dropped below 29%. In short the battery level would be erratic and untrustworthy. I had this on B882, B885 and Gr2B888. Then I restored my stock backup and did the OTA upgrade to B892. This fixed the screen alignment issue in low level firmware and I reflashed Gr2 back. SInce doing this I have noticed I have never seen the battery level fluctuate and I believe it is now very accurate. I am now wondering if B892 also flashed some new battery management firmware as well as display firmware. These firmware fixes remain when you flash another ROM with CWM.

When I first bought the phone it had

1) slight screen misalignment

2) very low volume

3) Slow to respond buttons and touchscreen at times.

4) Dodgy battery indicator

All of these issues have now been fixed in various updates (assuming the battery problem has really gone for good)

Still a great phone but I think we perhaps did a bit too much beta testing...

Anyone else noticed if this update has also fixed the problem for them?

Edited by Hogweed

I think you have something here. After reading this I went back to stock and got all the OTA updates, then went back to my nandroid of my previous ROM and the battery levels do seem more stable. Ealier that day I was getting the up and down variations in the battery reading (60% > 49% > 54%) but since getting all the OTA I don't see this now, or at least haven't yet.

So after testing this out I think you are spot on and I would certainly recommend to all G300 users to make sure you get the all the OTA updates BEFORE moving to a custom ROM as the OTA updates really do seem to fix a lot of low level stuff that we see reported in the forums frequently.

Nice one, Hogweed, good post.

Edited by Hpez

Guest unaszplodrmann

For reference, B892 is paired with baseband 109808. I've been running a custom version of B892 for a while now and found it to be the most solid option so far. My only real gripe is the poor quality camera firmware.

My only real gripe is the poor quality camera firmware.

Is this poor quality with all camera apps? I noticed the stock app wasn't too great but since using Camera ZOOM fx I have been pretty impressed by most of the images. It can still take a crappy picture if the lighting isn't great but with good lighting it takes some impressive pictures (impressive for a 5mp phone camera I mean).

Edited by Hpez

Guest belmet

Battery level indicator still messed up REAL bad for me :( Phone still says it is fully charged from dead within 30-45 mins (I know it has fast charge but seriously?), drops to less than 25% after an hour of solid use but will keep going then for ages with my battery saying it is nearly dead. B892 seems to have made it worse than it was before.

Guest Hogweed

If it is that bad, I suspect a faulty battery or phone hardware. Would be interesting to see a battery voltage chart from a monitoring app. Do you ever see the level jump back up - ie does it go from 29% then go back up again? If you are not seeing the battery level jump up as well as down you likely have a different issue and that could just be a dodgy battery.