Help - got a bootloop

Guest landwomble

Guest landwomble

Hi All,Spent ages gettign a new G300 set up for the mother in law. Rooted, Paul's ROM on, all good. Been using it for 2 days and all fine - today I gave it to her and have a problem. Shortly after temporarily swapping out the MicroSD card (copying photos from old phone using the G300 as a card reader) it started bootlooping. Boots to lock screen, pauses, reboots.

Cleared cache and dalvik, no good. Attempted to reflash Paul's image - it appears to do it but then reboots into old OS and bootloop. Am about to try reverting back to factory.

Should the internal SD card appear in CWM? Am starting to think internal storage may be screwed...

Guest Hogweed

The internal SD is /datadata in CWM recovery. You could always try to mount and/or format. Does it look as if it falls over about the time it would normally display the preparing sd card message?

A Potterunlock problem as suggested could also be a problem but that's usually been associated more with frozen screen and buttons rather than a bootloop - maybe there's a crasher in it though.

Definitely worth a check of the internal SD card though.

Does it do the same thing if booted with or without external SD?

Edited by Hogweed

Guest landwomble

In the end (lack of time, expectant mother in law), I flashed the latest stock. On her ancient laptop I didn't have time to get the ADK on it to root so she's running stock for now. Phew.

For my info - the root and Cwm live in internal storage, rather than internal sd or external sd, do they?

The missus wants one of these phones so would be nice not to mess it up again...

Guest Hogweed

The phone's internal storage is divided into multiple logical partitions. CWM lives in the "recovery" partition. Rooting modifies pre-existing system-software. The internal SD has its own partition. So neither CWM nor root depend on internal or external SD,

Edited by Hogweed