[SOLVED] Help with phone stuck on loading

Guest Umrtvovacz

Guest Umrtvovacz

Hello, I have a problem.

I am on Paul's b888 GR1 rom, and I was using it for a while, supercharged with V6 and it was great. But today I installed Titanium Backup, freezed Nemus launcher and installed Halo launcher, then cleared Dalvik cache and restarted. Now the phone is stock on loading Android logo. I don't know what to do or what could have happened. I don't want to reflash rom as I have no data backup. Please help.

Thanks, Umrtvovacz

Edited by Umrtvovacz

Guest Hogweed

backup and then flash Gr2 without a wipe. if that doesn't work then you can restore the backup and we can try some things with adb.

I repeat. Do not wipe before flashing Gr2

Guest Umrtvovacz

I have flashed GR2 over my GR1 and everything runs perfectly and all data is there. Is V6 still active or do I have to reapply it?

Thanks for help, I wouldn't think of this solution as I would be afraid of data loss.

Guest Hogweed

The general rule is to wipe before installing a new ROM to make sure everything is setup with a known clean-slate. However closely related ROMs can usually be flashed without wiping data (by Android design) and Gr2 is designed to be installable over Gr1 without a wipe. You will probably have to re-apply some system customisations. I don't run V6 but I suspect you will have to reinstall it.

Glad it got you going anyway. I'd advise a new backup of your current working setup before you start customising again so you always have something to go back to if it goes wrong.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Umrtvovacz

Thanks very much. I have learned a lot yesterday. Number one is when installing new launcher, do not freeze or uninstall old one. I tried it multiple times and had to reflash multiple times and phone always got stuck on second phase of loading (the android logo on Paul's roms). Number two is flashing upgrades like from GR1 to GR2 ius essentially safe and there is not much data lost (widgets on desktop, supercharger, adaway - no big deal) I kept all my games (more than 6 GB of games) and more importantly game saves. I am not really sure whether google cloud syncs game save files or not.

Number 3 is confirmation of what I thought before - this community is extremely helpful and nice, to be exact the whole community around Android is and I wonder why... Makes my want to move to Linux from Windows but as a gamer I will have to wait a little more (http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/07/gabe-newell-thinks-windows-8-is-a-catastrophe-which-might-explain-steam-for-linux/)

Live long and prosper.