Ascend G300- My IMEI is NULL

Guest emyjojo

Guest emyjojo

Hello!

I unfortunetly managed to make my IMEI NULL. I flashed the B926 china ROM to have a taste of the ICS. I backed up my IMEI using 5irom. I couldn't downgrade, so i rooted the phone, then installed CWM and I finally installed the unbranded ROM of Sebastian404.

My IMEI was NULL, i tried to restore it with the app, restared the phone and nothing was changed. Only the splash screen was changed from the spash screen on the custom rom to the one of the chinease ICS ROM.

I tried to restore the IMEI manually as shown on http://www.modaco.com/topic/355974-how-to-get-your-imei-back-without-5irom-folder/, but when I get to step 3, the background opening failes after entering the password.

Is there another solution for me? Can I get it fix via Vodafone?

Thanks in advance.

Emanuel

Guest droiddruid

As I understand it, a IMEI backup from ICS is not compatible with GB. If you reinstall an ICS rom your IMEI is likely to return to normal.

Guest mack_

Hello!

I unfortunetly managed to make my IMEI NULL. I flashed the B926 china ROM to have a taste of the ICS. I backed up my IMEI using 5irom. I couldn't downgrade, so i rooted the phone, then installed CWM and I finally installed the unbranded ROM of Sebastian404.

My IMEI was NULL, i tried to restore it with the app, restared the phone and nothing was changed. Only the splash screen was changed from the spash screen on the custom rom to the one of the chinease ICS ROM.

I tried to restore the IMEI manually as shown on http://www.modaco.co...t-5irom-folder/, but when I get to step 3, the background opening failes after entering the password.

Is there another solution for me? Can I get it fix via Vodafone?

Thanks in advance.

Emanuel

First thing is first make sure fastboot is turned off.

and keep trying like it took me about 10 go's to get mine back..so dont get worried yet

and if that doesn't work you will have to use the hack method using the secret menu and stuff (this is a last resort though and don't try it unless you're really sure you cant do i t via the phone)

Guest droiddruid

Rereading this... you cannot restore a GB CWM backup over ICS as they have differing basebands. Only an install via Update.app would overwrite your baseband.

Guest mack_

Rereading this... you cannot restore a GB CWM backup over ICS as they have differing basebands. Only an install via Update.app would overwrite your baseband.

and make sure you have done all the wipes..maybe twice to be extra sure.

Guest emyjojo

Thanks a lot for the replies. I already tried to flash ICS via update.app but i only get the pink line, without the steps and so forth, and it stalls at about 1/3 of the progress. Any suggestions?

Guest Hogweed

Don't Panic! As others have said you have a simple baseband (radio) mismatch problem - you're IMEI is not really blanked. This is fixable either by convincing the phone to accept a full downgrade with one (or both) of the two known methods mentioned above or simply CWM installing an ICS based ROM you are happy with. Maybe have a look at http://www.modaco.co...7-beta-page-35/

Edited by Hogweed

Guest emyjojo

[sOLVED] I finally managed to flash the B926 official chinease version via update.app, and the IMEI was back. Now I'm running Tillaz Infusion. Many thanks to all that replied.

Edited by emyjojo