G300 unlock and Ice cream advice

Guest moghm

Guest moghm

Hi Guys,

I am buying a huawei G300 today from vodafone. Going to be using a sim only deal from three so am assuming the G300 will need to be unlocked. We will try and get it unlocked from vodafone but if they are going to charge us £20 then Ill be looking for an alternative method.

(i) so what is the cheapest option to have the G300 unlocked if vodafine do not do it for free ?

(i) if I am using a 3 sim card will I still get the OTA ice cream update ?

many thanks.

Guest FrankieADZ

Hi Guys,

I am buying a huawei G300 today from vodafone. Going to be using a sim only deal from three so am assuming the G300 will need to be unlocked. We will try and get it unlocked from vodafone but if they are going to charge us £20 then Ill be looking for an alternative method.

(i) so what is the cheapest option to have the G300 unlocked if vodafine do not do it for free ?

(i) if I am using a 3 sim card will I still get the OTA ice cream update ?

many thanks.

theres cheaper on Ebay...someone on here knows...i've forgotten :( lol

on ur 2nd point...im not sure

1. A lot of us used this guy to unlock but there are others about: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NETWORK-UNLOCK-CODE-For-HUAWEI-8815-G300-HUAWEI-Evolution-UM840-/261016690849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cc5cea0a1

2. ICS isn't available via OTA at this time but you can upgrade to it by reading over this: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-ics-403-b926/

Guest moghm

Thanks. Blackpool is not far from me, could give them a go

If your lucky (like me) I bought my G300 from vodaphone in Blackpool and it was already unlocked!