Oops! I've been a silly bill(y)

Guest billpine

Guest billpine

Hey all. Got a rooted G300 running normal stock Vodafone ROM. I've had a bloatware cleanup and all seems to be fine until I came to apply the OTA update that's knocking around at the moment. When the handset boots to the update screen I get a ! and the handset stop doing anything..

Does anyone know what removed app would prevent this update applying?

Much thanks.

Guest dragpyre

Hey all. Got a rooted G300 running normal stock Vodafone ROM. I've had a bloatware cleanup and all seems to be fine until I came to apply the OTA update that's knocking around at the moment. When the handset boots to the update screen I get a ! and the handset stop doing anything..

Does anyone know what removed app would prevent this update applying?

Much thanks.

Removing any of them will prevent OTA updating.

Someone in the forum may be able to make copies of the APK's using Titanium Backup or Huawei AllBackup.

Fingers crossed.

Guest Hogweed

It is nothing to do with root. Installs fine on rooted phones. However it is a patch update and checks for/expects certain stock Vodafone files to be in place, unchanged before it updates them. It also requires stock recovery and not CWM - or at least it did for me. Once you run the update with stock recovery you should get a log telling you which file it failed on.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest billpine

Cheers for the replies gents!

Does this OTA bring anything significant to stability or the phone in general..? I'm of the mind that 'if it ain't broken don't fix it' at the mo..

Guest belmet

weird. I rooted and de crapified B885 (removed all voda shite plus facebook and twitter and a few more) and got the B892 update fine ota. I don't run cwm so as hogweed has said maybe it is because of that. B892 seems to make the phone more stable but nothing else. all other issues were fixed in B885 for me apart from battery level indicator being useless which I still have.