Screen problems or is this normal?

Guest rawmint

Guest rawmint

Just got a G300 and i've noticed some things that are pretty bad about the screen even compared to my Orange San Francisco. The screen is kind of washed out and has a 'brown' tinge to it. Also, the biggest thing is that there are kind of evenly spaced dashes going down the screen in columns that aren't actually on the display but are really noticable when the screen is predominantly white. If you move the screen back and forth like a hologram, they appear and disappear. I'm assuming that it's the sensors in the glass for the capacitive screen? I've never seen anything this noticable and intrusive before though...

Thanks for any info you can give

Guest dragpyre

Just got a G300 and i've noticed some things that are pretty bad about the screen even compared to my Orange San Francisco. The screen is kind of washed out and has a 'brown' tinge to it. Also, the biggest thing is that there are kind of evenly spaced dashes going down the screen in columns that aren't actually on the display but are really noticable when the screen is predominantly white. If you move the screen back and forth like a hologram, they appear and disappear. I'm assuming that it's the sensors in the glass for the capacitive screen? I've never seen anything this noticable and intrusive before though...

Thanks for any info you can give

The dashes are normal and are part of the capacitive screen yes (I see them on most phones)

A brown tinge, and the screen being washed out is not. If you have bought it within the last 7 days, Vodafone will exchange it for a new one at no cost.