please help with clockworkmod install

Guest craig1476

Guest craig1476

Hi everyone, I've tried every way possible and am at my wits end, I installed the chinese ics update and then clockworkmod recovery was gone, cannot get it on by the update.zip method now so need a really noob friendly way to use the fastboot method, i've tried following the method which is posted on here but I need it more basic than that, from installing the android sdk to everything after that, thank you if anyone can help, i'll keep trying away in the meantime and see if I can manage it, thanks again.

Guest nsmacd1

I'm having the same problem after flash to the Chinese ROM.

I have managed to run 'Unlock bootloader' and and have managed to root my phone with the same tool but am having no joy with CWM.

I have tried the various methods here and have ensured that fastboot is off and USB debugging is enabled. If I try and use the CWM Installer I get the write command is not allowed error - Please help us!

Guest wrtease

fastboot can be enabled.

root first then go to superuser and allow in prefferences

then unlock bootloader

then try clockworkmod

Edited by wrtease

Guest nsmacd1

I have the superuser icon and have quite a few apps in there (I have allowed superuser for every prompt I have received) but still can't get any further

Guest nsmacd1

Sending recovery (5172 KB) ...OKAY

Writing recovery failed - (remote: Command not allowed)

is the error I am getting still - Can anyone help???!!!

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest paraffinbrain

Ah same here, this is really frustrating. Installed the Chinese ROM yesterday, and everything worked beautifully (rooting, then the ICS 403 guide, unlockbootloader and cwm). I put Infusion on today, didn't like it, reflashed with Chinese ROM, and now I can't get CWM or the unlockbootloader to take at all. Same 'Command not allowed' message

I have Superuser, and allowed automatic response, and USB debugging. Have been into the fastboot screen about 20 times this eve...

So any guidance would be very helpful, TIA

EDIT - fixed - difference was that I had the SIM in. Take the SIM out and all the updates work okay...

Edited by paraffinbrain

Guest craig1476

managed to work out how to use the command window for fastboot flash recovery part but everytime I put the filename after it i either get

'error cannot load <filename>.img' or

'sending recovery 5212kb okay'

'writing recovery failed (remote: command line not allowed)

any ideas anyone? TIA

Guest kiwishaun

CWM installed fine for me. I just put my phone into bootloader mode (By taking the battery out for a second, putting it back in and holding the power button while pressing vol. down).

Then entered the following into the command window:

fastboot reboot flash recovery recovery.img

CWM should be installed successfully.

Guest nsmacd1

i have downloaded the file but what do I do with it?

I have tried running the .bat file and get the message 'no such file...', or 'failed to copy'.

If I run adb devices when the battery symbol is loading it can see the phone, but not when in bootloader

Guest craig1476

wahooo thank you PACOSH, didn't realise about that problem, glad you read the thread though and replied, thank you ever so much, i can finally get some sleep now and sort the rest out in morning. If anyone else who has had the same problem as me and couldn't work out how to get the adb/fastboot command working I used this guide http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-set-up-adb-usb-drivers-for-android-devices/ and it helped alot. Thanks again PACOSH :D

Guest nsmacd1

I have followed the guide and can see the device number in adk devices, (when the phone is powered on, or is connected and charging with the battery symbol displayed) but when I reboot and hold down the 'down' volume key/get the splash screen to try and run the CWM then no device can be seen.

Is there a command I can run from the command prompt which will do it or is there a way to install Google Apps (gapps-ics-20120429) without CWM, as the inbuilt reports errors on any .zip I try and install (turning on with volume up button pressed)?

Edited by nsmacd1