Need to back up viber

Hi I had viber on my san fran and it worked perfectly until I let it update and then it would always crash a minute into a call. This was very annoying because my mum lives in Spain and that was how we spoke to each other. It was one of the reasons I got a new phone, the G300. I installed viber on it and it works but quite often when I'm on a call to my mum I looked at the screen and it says its crashed, but it hasn't. There have been 2 updates in the last few weeks and I've ignored them, but I guess eventually I will have to update. Is there some way I can save the version I have now, just incase the new version doesn't work?

I would hate to be in the situation I was in with the san fran.

I'm sorry to say I haven't done anything to my G300, apart from updating to 8815. I must be one of the few on here. One of the reasons I didn't was because I did put a new rom on the san fran and it was partly responsible for viber not working.

Thanks.

Guest runlevel5

app backup and restore from Google play is what I use. it backs up the apk so if you don't get on with the update you can uninstall the update and reinstall the earlier version.

edit:

Here is the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.appbackup&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsIm1vYmkuaW5mb2xpZmUuYXBwYmFja3VwIl0.

Edited by runlevel5

Guest runlevel5

Think I'll leave it actually. The permissions are getting ridiculous. It now wants to read my text messages

I had no idea it did that,sorry. I've used it for a long time and I missed that. Those permissions are ridiculous. I've uninstalled. Apologies.

Guest runlevel5

Actually, I think you raise a valid point about app backup and restore; the permissions boxes on Google play when you click on them indicate several permissions I consider dubious, such as current phone call details and personal/private info that can be read by the app. I have all my apks backed up already and they can be accessed through a file manager/explorer so for now I am leaving it uninstalled.

All the best.

Guest runlevel5

For straight up apk backup & restore you can't go far wrong with APK Batch installer.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1531880

Backup to your PC and you have copies of all apk files. I tend to use this before changing ROMs to dump all apps from my old ROM to batch install on my new ROM.

Cheers for that Cyda. Dont think Ditzy purple is rooted but it is always an option. I'll give it a go. :)