Connected as Media Device (MTP)- how to go back to USB mass storage ?

Guest palec69

Guest palec69

Hi

I've accidentally chosen the option to "Connected as Media Device (MTP)" when i used my usb cable and now its set as default whenever i use usb cable i cant uncheck this box and also the option to choose usb mass storage is gone from the notification area :unsure:

any clue how to bring the "use as USB mass storage" option back ?

I'm using Infusion B927 beta Rom.

post-986687-0-83052000-1344599578_thumb.

post-986687-0-53498600-1344599472_thumb.

Guest palec69

on an other forum i found this

"Solution B - add/change the same settings in build.prop (you probably have now "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb".

Code:

persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb

And reboot. When you connect your cable, it will default to USB mass storage mode just like it did on Gingerbread."

but i didnt find this line in your build.prop, actually i didnt find a line with "usb" at all but i found a line with "mtp" saying "=true"at the end, so i changed it to "false" :ph34r: and i did a reboot, it worked but the icons from dialler and contacts disappeared and when i tried to use them it said "app isn't installed" i couldnt install contacts.apk as well so finally i used my nandroid backup.

i'm not sure but its possible that a simple reboot might have helped :blush:

Guest tillaz

on an other forum i found this

"Solution B - add/change the same settings in build.prop (you probably have now "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb".

Code:

persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb

And reboot. When you connect your cable, it will default to USB mass storage mode just like it did on Gingerbread."

but i didnt find this line in your build.prop, actually i didnt find a line with "usb" at all but i found a line with "mtp" saying "=true"at the end, so i changed it to "false" ph34r.png and i did a reboot, it worked but the icons from dialler and contacts disappeared and when i tried to use them it said "app isn't installed" i couldnt install contacts.apk as well so finally i used my nandroid backup.

i'm not sure but its possible that a simple reboot might have helped blush.png

cool, iv been looking for a way to remove the "connected as an installer" option and just use usb mass storage