G300 unable tu stock update

Guest egguibs

Guest egguibs

hello all

i ask you for some help for this phone

i can't update with a stock rom

i put de update on dload on the root folder of my phone

reboot my phone with volume buttons pressed

in the update menu the extraction is working but when i come to the update i got an error

i tested with all the updates even the isc one

do you know what is going on ?

i love u all by advance for your help ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest minimorphee

hi guys, eguibs is my freind and he wanted to help me so i coming from myself to ask for help.

i give you a picture of my issue.

12082402594612949010240225.jpg

I followed this topic http://www.modaco.com/topic/356806-guide-quick-way-from-stock-gb-23x-to-ics-b934-or-to-cm10-jb/ and lot of over to install official ICS update.

Every time i have the same error (picture).

Do you have some ideas ?

THX ! I love U ! :)

Guest ddx1980

what version are you starting from? and what verion trying to flash?

Hello everybody, this is my first post.

I'm experiencing the same problem performing update to general version by Huawei Int (V100R001C00B934).

Link to update page http://www.huaweidev...oftid=NDY1MTg=I tried using both proceedments suggested by Huawei: updating from external SD through phone's feature and forcing by recovery mode.

After unpacking update file the upgrade fails immediately, showing the screen posted above.My Ascend G300 is branded by Vodafone Italy.

I'm starting from build (U8815)V100R001C02B892 (Android 2.3.6, base band 109808, kernel 2.6.38-perf).

Other informations

- recovered backup from other Huawei device (Vodafone Smart 858 - Huawei U8160) [*] without including system settings and installed apps using Hi-Suite software;

- tried update also after rooting phone (successfully completed following proceedment on this forum - http://www.modaco.co...-mac-and-linux/);

- tried with debug mode on and off;

- Redownload package to avoid data corruption (unzipped using WinRar for MS Win7, without errors);

- tried to move to SD directy putting it into PC and undirectly via USB cable.

Can you help also me?

[*] ROM Manager recognizes device as U8160, I'm not sure that this is the reason.

Edited by ddx1980

Guest romtastic

Ok it would be good to know what Bxxx etc you are trying to go from, but one thing to try would be formatting the sdcard to fat32 then drag the dload folder over again, and try that, i think the fat 32 fresh formatting and that one file being on the sdcard is quite important. I had the same trouble as you guys but only when i was trying to do it through the phones update. The vol up and down force update worked fine. I also had this error trying to go from B892 - B927, as soon as i switched to the Huawei Chinese B926 it all worked fine. Try that maybe if you are trying B927 and getting the error.

Guest romtastic

Hello everybody, this is my first post.

I'm experiencing the same problem performing update to general version by Huawei Int (V100R001C00B934).

Link to update page http://www.huaweidev...oftid=NDY1MTg=I tried using both proceedments suggested by Huawei: updating from external SD through phone's feature and forcing by recovery mode.

After unpacking update file the upgrade fails immediately, showing the screen posted above.My Ascend G300 is branded by Vodafone Italy.

I'm starting from build (U8815)V100R001C02B892 (Android 2.3.6, base band 109808, kernel 2.6.38-perf).

Other informations

- recovered backup from other Huawei device (Vodafone Smart 858 - Huawei U8160) [*] without including system settings and installed apps using Hi-Suite software;

- tried update also after rooting phone (successfully completed following proceedment on this forum - http://www.modaco.co...-mac-and-linux/);

- tried with debug mode on and off;

- Redownload package to avoid data corruption (unzipped using WinRar for MS Win7, without errors);

- tried to move to SD directy putting it into PC and undirectly via USB cable.

Can you help also me?

[*] ROM Manager recognizes device as U8160, I'm not sure that this is the reason.

Not sure how B892 to B934 is going to work and even if it would, I'd recommend following all the other guides that take you from B892-B926-B934 (B934 is pre-built into Infusion rom, so you just need to get to B926 then root/cwm and flash rom and gapps, then root and cwm again) because after rom changes you lose root and cwm so you have to re-do them.

Anyone more knowledgable than me on that please correct as this is my understanding and is exactly how im at B934, Infusion, rooted , cwm and unlocked, Yay! hahaha awesome. Anyway i hope this helps someone

Edited by romtastic

Guest ddx1980

Not sure how B892 to B934 is going to work and even if it would, I'd recommend following all the other guides that take you from B892-B926-B934 (B934 is pre-built into Infusion rom, so you just need to get to B926 then root/cwm and flash rom and gapps, then root and cwm again) because after rom changes you lose root and cwm so you have to re-do them.

Anyone more knowledgable than me on that please correct as this is my understanding and is exactly how im at B934, Infusion, rooted , cwm and unlocked, Yay! hahaha awesome. Anyway i hope this helps someone

Just as you say: only

B915

B916

B918

B929

B933

can be upgraded to B934:(

Thank you, I'll try as you suggested.

Guest ddx1980

have you tried the middle package ?

Middle update suggested above by ctrlro fixed the problem: please, follow the instructions of this post

http://www.modaco.co...u8815-b927-rom/

I only had to apply middle update, than the official one by Huawei using device's feature (memory - update from SD Card).

Thank you again.

Remember to backup your contents before upgrading because all of your contents will be deleted.

Edited by ddx1980

Guest timethrow

Update form GB to ICS via B934 can only be done with B926/7 already on there !!

As for the update failed go back to my guide and view the information there.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Update form GB to ICS via B934 can only be done with B926/7 already on there !!

As for the update failed go back to my guide and view the information there.

I've flashed ROM so many times - the first time I went to B934 (from B892) I had to use middle update.app, then update.app of B934. The next time I did not need any middle update.app and I always went straight to B934. My phone never saw B927(926).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wyras007

my phone don't want to boot too.... yesterday i was trying to downgrade from b934 to b882. i nulled imei, then installed rom via cwm, restored the imei and imei not working.... today i reboot my phone and see that imei is ok now but i inserted sim card and turned on phone, my phone dead :( just shows huawei and restarts and nothing. Also can't install any update.app :( can anybody help me? :( i need phone :(

Edited by wyras007

Guest wyras007

wrtease can u invite me on skype wytenix166 and we will talk ok? :) cause cannot find my device then i use cwm installer... also not working ics from dload just fails :(

Edited by wyras007