Raised corner of the screen

Guest Bob Mann

Guest Bob Mann

Hi All,

Ive only had my device for a couple of days but ive noticed something funky with the screen.

all the corners on the front are flush with the plastic surround, except for the top left corner.

this is also shows then the metal earphone grill on the left hand side is recessed by about 1mm.

it all feels solid, there is no move when you press the corner, almost like a screw on the back has pushed the screen forward.

has anyone else got this? ive only had the phone for a couple days so could take it back and get it changed before it develops into a bigger problem.

Cheers,

Bob

Guest cartwheelbob

Never heard of this but def sounds like a manufacturing defect. Take it back but if you have rooted, installed customer rom etc you may want to read up on how to revert back to stock!

Guest Bob Mann

im familiar with how to return to stock, im just a bit dubious about taking a backup and it not restoring when i get the new device lol. oh well, fingers crossed my local t-mobile stores have a vivacity in stock lol

Guest cartwheelbob

I know what you mean - I just use titanium backup for my apps/data as I can't ever get backup/restore to work in CWM. It does take a bit of time resetting all my settings and resoring everything though!

Guest Bob Mann

Well they replaced the phone, no thanks to the return to stock borking the device somewhat.

they checked the screen and sure enough put down on the form the screen is raised and speaker grill bent inside the phone, however they turned it on and lowe and behold, blue recovery (e3) didnt have chance to see what it said as the assistant was busy smacking the screen with her pointy nails...

about an hour later of faffing about with their "new" system i walk out with a new vivacity, glad to report, screen is fine :D

Edited by Bob Mann