28 replies to this topic

cutcutcut

cutcutcut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Hang on, is New Zealand gunna get something before the rest of the world?! That never happens! Haha.

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SIII GT-I9300
Well I'll be blowed if I can figure that out!!!

It's a first for me, I'm in Ireland and cannot access that board, just get the error page, so I'm being blocked for some reason by something which don't like my credentials in NZ...

I now am going to have to solve this for my sanity....ya know how it gets!!! :wacko:

I get to the VF NZ site OK...can browse there....

but if I hit the link to forums there, I get the error page!!!!

Edited by irishpancake, 13 August 2012 - 11:35 PM.

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
OK guys..... not that it matters....

but using hidemyass with UK proxy server allows access from Ireland...

see my piccys below...

but seriously are those NZ VF ppl paranoid or what :lol:

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1344900558569.jpg   22.25KB   45 downloads

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1344900592014.jpg   25.7KB   36 downloads

His crazy can you get?? What did the Irish ever do to New Zealand Voda???

Mad :P

Edited by irishpancake, 14 August 2012 - 12:02 AM.

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
and when I read what the ever-helpful VF Administrator johnr has to say, I'm sorry I bothered....

they can block my IP forever, coz they go nuttin helpful to say!!!

johnr says:

Hi Ben

Yes I can confirm ICS is coming for this handset approx 5 - 6 weeks away

John

luvvt asks:

Hi

Can you please confirm if this ics release will include support for hardware accelerated 2D rendering via OpenGL.

Also will this rom be available as a download or flashed via OTA.

And last is there an updated eta on release

Thanks in advance

Luvvt

johnr (helpfully) says:

We don't have the release notes so can't confrim at this stage

luvvt asks (nicely):

Thanks John can you keeps us updated

johnr says, rather sharply:

Updated about?

luvvt lays it out, succinctly:

Can you please confirm if this ics release will include support for hardware accelerated 2D rendering via OpenGL.

Also will this rom be available as a download or flashed via OTA.

And last is there an updated eta on release

any of these

to which the ever-helpful johnr replies....................

zilch....nada

ehhhhhh....silence is golden.....

[he didn't say that, in fact he said nothing]

Edited by irishpancake, 14 August 2012 - 08:33 PM.

andy009

andy009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I am new to MoDaCo and I own a g300. I have been anticipating the release of the ICS update from a distance and I have to say the suspense is killing me now. I get the feeling as if huawei or vodafone are stalling on their customers. It just sounds like they are not communicating a tangible release date for the people and if they keep this up I may just install a vanilla ICS rom to my phone.... come on...."Why are we waiting....."Why are we waiting..."

JoeDodge

JoeDodge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
FWIW the manual for the G300 with the vodafone version of ICS is available for download from huaweidevice.com

http://www.huaweidev...loadID=NDY0Mjg=

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

Hi I am new to MoDaCo and I own a g300. I have been anticipating the release of the ICS update from a distance and I have to say the suspense is killing me now. I get the feeling as if huawei or vodafone are stalling on their customers. It just sounds like they are not communicating a tangible release date for the people and if they keep this up I may just install a vanilla ICS rom to my phone.... come on...."Why are we waiting....."Why are we waiting..."

Maybe a little paranoid or a conspiracy theory here but I wouldn't put it past Huawei to leek roms in order to get devs on forums like this to sort out there problems for them. Also good feedback for them.

Biohazard

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
I think its done to stop people asking questions on when it will be ready for release.They know about the leaks so should have sacked whoever was leaking them.
They also probably review peoples reaction to their hardware accelerated UI support'

weckl

weckl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
G300 in China is being constantly upgraded....Have in mind that in China they have released G302D (dual camera), G305T (chinese network variant) and now G330D (dual core) ... So lots of G300 models...and I guess Huawei is more busy in update later models than the G300.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users