This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206. This recovery is common to all ZTE devices with board name atlas40 (e.g. ZTE Blade III, ZTE Acqua, V889D, V880E etc).
This recovery is fully working with goodies such as repeatable keys and adb sideload support. Use volume keys to navigate menus and power button to select.
Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.
How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows):
1. download ZTE USB drivers
2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot
3. download recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img recovery image
4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img into it
5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers
6. cd into the directory you created and execute following commands in terminal window
adb reboot bootloader fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img fastboot reboot
7. congratulations, you have installed cwm on to your device
8. boot into ClockWorkMod by pressing volume down while powering on or using 'adb reboot recovery'
How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm): (recommended)
1. follow previous instructions up to step 5
2. boot into recovery instead of flashing it
adb reboot bootloader fastboot boot recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img
3. select backup & restore -> backup
How to root your device via recovery:
1. download latest Superuser and su binary from Superuser website and save it to your sdcard
2. follow instructions on how to install clockworkmod recovery
3. boot into clockworkmod
4. install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Superuser-3.2-arm-signed.zip
If you have already gained root access with some other root method, you can flash recovery using Terminal Emulator:
1. copy recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img to the root of your phone's sdcard
2. execute following commands in terminal emulator
su dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
Sources for the recovery are available in my github. You can compile it yourself using CM10.1 source tree.