• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

d2sarwono

d2sarwono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:zte freddo
truly understandable equiliym and i really appreciate your time and effort to help us...

well at least freddo owners in my country could get a taste of gingerbread thanks to the rom customizers here... ^^

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
  • Twitter:@equiliym
no probs :) i will check out more options for you guys today i hope, i should probably release latest nightly for racer so i can also take some time to try making another patch for freddo to test

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

d2sarwono

d2sarwono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Great to hear that.. thanks Equiliym and just take your time..
Fyi our freddo group in facebook has reached 100 members today.. and we all thank you.. ^^

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
  • Twitter:@equiliym
try flashing this on your cm7 rom, test wifi and camera resolution and report

Attached Files

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

d2sarwono

d2sarwono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Will do... thanks.. ^^

d2sarwono

d2sarwono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Hi equilym.. i've tried the patch. The camera still has uxga resolution. That is equal to 2mb right? And when i turn the wifi on the phone reboots.. i've wipe the cache before installing the patch.

massacre^

massacre^

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:zte racer
Hello equilym, been a long time. Could you please check this out and port it for racer?
Here's the link : http://www.modaco.co...creen-for-cm72/
If there's no ICS for racer why not some more ICS features? :D

d2sarwono

d2sarwono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
btw zte freddo uses 2.6.32.9 kernel.. is there any way to use a stock kernel on custom rom?
please cmiiw.. in my understanding everything that has something to do with hardware device are on the kernel aren't they?..

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Linux, Tech and other stuff
  • Devices:ZTE Racer x850
  • Twitter:@netalien

btw zte freddo uses 2.6.32.9 kernel.. is there any way to use a stock kernel on custom rom?
please cmiiw.. in my understanding everything that has something to do with hardware device are on the kernel aren't they?..

Not quite, there are also libs that aren't included on the kernel and provide brigdes that allow the rom use the hardware through the kernel. Normally, when building a rom you copy those libs to the new rom and hope it doesn't break under a different kernel. Not saying is your case, but a good info to know :P

As for stock kernel with custom rom, if rom/apps are not customized in a way that requires something the stock kernel lacks, it shouldn't be a problem, try it, in case something breaks just reflash a backup

d2sarwono

d2sarwono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Not quite, there are also libs that aren't included on the kernel and provide brigdes that allow the rom use the hardware through the kernel. Normally, when building a rom you copy those libs to the new rom and hope it doesn't break under a different kernel. Not saying is your case, but a good info to know :P

As for stock kernel with custom rom, if rom/apps are not customized in a way that requires something the stock kernel lacks, it shouldn't be a problem, try it, in case something breaks just reflash a backup

Thanks fot the info.. so it is not as easy as i thought.. lol..
Yea i really now nothing about android and just have a thought that since racer custom kernel use same version as freddo kernel maybe combining racer's custom rom and freddo stock kernel might solve the hardware compability issue.. lol

Mabe i'll give itba try and see how is it.. btw i've backup my firmware using cwm.. the kernel part is on the boot.img file isn't it??

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Linux, Tech and other stuff
  • Devices:ZTE Racer x850
  • Twitter:@netalien

Thanks fot the info.. so it is not as easy as i thought.. lol..
Yea i really now nothing about android and just have a thought that since racer custom kernel use same version as freddo kernel maybe combining racer's custom rom and freddo stock kernel might solve the hardware compability issue.. lol

Mabe i'll give itba try and see how is it.. btw i've backup my firmware using cwm.. the kernel part is on the boot.img file isn't it??

Things is google release an android version based on a particular version of the linux kernel (with added android support in the staging) but the version is the only thing equal for everyone (based on android aosp), you have 1 version and multiple different configurations and different set of drivers that only work with the modified settings you apply to your kernel (as gadget vendor), so don't trust much the version thing ;)

Anyway you should try it, no pain no gain as they said :P experiment and maybe you get what you want, custom rom without hardware issues. And yes, the kernel is in the boot.img

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users