Available in a free 'Lite' version (where messages are limited to 2 characters) or a positively bargainalicious 79p full version, Autoremote lets you send messages from the web to your device using cloud messaging (push).
These messages can contain keywords, variables and are infinitely flexible - as with Tasker on the whole, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Some uses i've considered adding already...
- I currently have some scripts that poll for changed data on a server before running a Tasker task - instead I can now get the server to push
- Create a task where I can send a command via a browser and the phone returns it's location (if it's lost)
- Create a task where I can send a command via a browser and the phone turns itself off silent (if it's in the house on silent and I can't find it!)
- Create a task that allows me to send SMS from my phone via the browser
- When a new video is on my NAS get my phone to download it next time it's on WiFi
- Remote controlled fart machine (OK, not really, but it's possible...)
To get started, grab Autoremote or Autoremote Lite from the Play Store, a simple walkthrough is available here.
If you're a Tasker fan too, let us know how you use Autoremote!
Click here to view the item