QPST won't add Diagnostic Port???

Guest GoodGosh

Guest GoodGosh

Hi, I'm trying to use QPST and when I click 'Add Port' it only offers COM1 port and when I used it before it offered two ports, one being COM7 but now that's not there.

The phone is connected via USB and is in FTM mode.

I tried uninstalling QPST and then installing it again but it's still showing the same result.

Is there a way to get the COM7 Diagnostic port back please?

Thanks for any advice

Guest AmbushReality
Hi, I'm trying to use QPST and when I click 'Add Port' it only offers COM1 port and when I used it before it offered two ports, one being COM7 but now that's not there.

The phone is connected via USB and is in FTM mode.

I tried uninstalling QPST and then installing it again but it's still showing the same result.

Is there a way to get the COM7 Diagnostic port back please?

Thanks for any advice

It always depends on which USB slot you have your phone plugged into. As it goes, COM1 is Probably your phone! :)

Guest GoodGosh

Hi, looks like I found a solution.

I installed the USB Drivers and then I went to Device Manager and clicked on Other Devices - ZTE Phone - Properties - Update driver (let Windows Search).

Then it updated the drivers and now I can see the USB Diagnostic again. Phew!

Hope this helps someone in the same situation

Guest GoodGosh

Hi AmbushReality, thanks for replying, I'm sorry I didn't see your post before I posted.

COM 1 was listed as Serial on QPST but it wasn't accepted it for connection somehow.

Guest AmbushReality
Hi AmbushReality, thanks for replying, I'm sorry I didn't see your post before I posted.

COM 1 was listed as Serial on QPST but it wasn't accepted it for connection somehow.

Do you have anything else plugged in to the USB Slots?

Guest GoodGosh

Hi, no I only have printer, webcam, bluetooth, external hdd and wireless keyboard attached. Are you thinking maybe there could be some kind of conflict?