I'm a Chinese and I want to know what do you think about the Chinese company Huawei

Guest a10086

Guest irishpancake
What are you doing? Why are you here asking all these questions? Do you work for Huawei?

3 questions tim :lol:

You see any irony there!!!

Guest irishpancake
Our China government does not allow us

to use facebook,twitter,youtube.

it sounds Ridiculous ?

©2012 Baidu 京ICP证030173号

In my Country, Ireland we have a saying:

"Whatever you say, say nothing"

be careful and good luck in Exams...

Céad Míle Fáilte leat a Chara!!

Edited by irishpancake

Guest wrtease

yeah i cant get the translator to work.

can you leave the link to ics in chinese and can we download it?

Edited by wrtease

Guest a10086

yeah i cant get the translator to work.

can you leave the link to ics in chinese and can we download it?

I have used this

modaco.com/topic/356639-new-chinese-rom-ics-by-lishuo-based-on-latest-official-b926-10-august-2012/page__pid__2006408#entry2006408

Guest Lusitanius

Here in Portugal, Huawei has an office because many telecom companies use Huawei hardware, especially 3G and 4G carriers. I have an old ADSL2+ modem which is an Huawei, and it is quite good. My sister also uses an Huawei phone. IMO Huawei makes pretty decent hardware at an affordable cost.

Guest MickJack

In my Country, Ireland we have a saying:

"Whatever you say, say nothing"

be careful and good luck in Exams...

Céad Míle Fáilte leat a Chara!!

That's good advice, sweet, and applies universal - nice irishpancake.

Guest dragpyre

I'm a Chinese

A Chinese what? Teapot?

I want to know what you think about the Chinese company Huawei

I think that the company are good for targeting phones with decent specifications at the budget market, with more reasonable pricing. However, they are masters at being obtuse and withholding information, and some phones, like the Ascend P1, are much too overpriced for the hardware. It may be the slimmest smartphone or whatever, but surely slim means less parts used to manufacture, therefore it should be cheaper? Also, releasing a phone with a speaker bug which somehow got through quality testing (if any actually happened) and having to fix it later via an update wasn't a good move. Not providing a full way to return to stock (with VF apps and notification toggles) on their site isn't exactly a strong point either.

We're all still waiting on European/UK official ICS (not a leaked build, before people scream "BT WI DO AV FICIAL ICS) and what will be missing. They claim one minute for it to be a full ICS ROM (minus face unlock of course, no front camera, the U8510 had a front camera and that phone's hardware is a lot lower spec), then say it will be a demo. Lots of people are looking to see if OpenGL acceleration for the UI is there. My honest opinion? It won't be implemented fully. The Galaxy Nexus' UI is only partially GPU accelerated, due to only 512MB RAM, OpenGL will hog it and cause background services to be closed (I'd rather have a smooth UI than operator bloatware/Facebook/Twitter opening themselves in the background constantly tbh). So if the Nexus didn't have full UI acceleration, I can't see it being implemented on the G300.

Is it famous in your country?

Not particularly, a lot of their phones are rebranded as operator developed phones (much like ZTE and Alcatel), although both Huawei and ZTE are trying to break the western market on their own now.

However, a lot of mobile broadband devices and infrastructure is based on Huawei technologies.

Edited by dragpyre

Here in Spain Huawei is quite well known. The U8650 was a huge success and the G300 is getting a similar receving. Huawei also sponsored a football match recently in Spanish League where all the players of Atletico de Mardid wear Huawei Logo on the chest :-)

Now seems the P1 is coming in September and I think Orange will be the operator who brings it.

Huawei D1 Quad is getting quite expectation but Xiaomi M2 yesterday's presentation really broke the boundaries of the relation of powerful phone - good price. But anyway huawei D1 Quad I think wil be the most powerful phone to date when released in september.

Guest JCUK89

Well... the company name is pronounced: Who are we?

Which is a good question... who are they?

Its not pronounced that way. The official way is WAH-WEY

Guest samjam

ITT: GCSE English Language

There's no WAY most of the world isn't going to pronounce it Who Are We

I also feel sorry for the Happauge folk whose larger market calls them how-page instead of hophog

Guest dragpyre

There's no WAY most of the world isn't going to pronounce it Who Are We

I also feel sorry for the Happauge folk whose larger market calls them how-page instead of hophog

I know it's pronounced Wah-Wey. I call it Hoo-Ah-Why, saying it phonetically because it's easier for me.

It's the fact we're getting Nazi over the pronounciation of a word and going off topic that is a big issue here, an issue rife in the G300 forum.