What Do People Think Of The Huawei Ascend G300

Guest frazer19

Guest frazer19

Great For The Money

Huawei Service Not Great As They Haven't Released The Official ICS Update When They Said They Will In Mid August

We Need More Dev More Roms Built For This Device

We Defiantly Need Jelly Bean

Theres So Many Devs Out There Please Start Working More On This Great Android Device Theres So Much Going For It

We Need To Bring MORE Attention To This Phone

Guest Pondlife

We need a keyboard that doesn't capitalise every first letter of a word.

I'd still say it's mid august but don't recall them promising that, besides network likely slowing it down as it's been released elsewhere.

Sheesh hardly anything has real JB roms. And why so defiant.

The phone is very good for the money has it's limitations but even if it was stuck on gb offers more than anything else in it's price range.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Aye, still the only eta I've heard from Huawei is Q3 (which takes us to the end of September) and 'later this year' (anytime between now and the end of September can be described as later this year). I still don't fully understand the clamour for ICS anyhow. I've managed to cope without it so far and my world hasn't ended.

As to the original question, I think it is still the best value Android handset around in terms of price/performance. The Nokia Lumia 710 can often be had for around the same price, but is a Windows phone so depends on your preference of platform.

Guest frazer19

Some People Like A Lot Of Roms To Play Around With For Instants Me Its Fun To Do And Its Great To Know Which Rom Suits Your Needs Id Say The Miui Rom Is The Best For Stability And Very Quick..... B934 Is Great To But Does Have Some Issues I Bought The Phone Personally Because I Heard The Official ICS Would Be Out Early August But I Was Wrong But I Love The Phone Its Fast Its Great And Just All For £100 YOU CANT GO WRONG :)

Guest xZaratustrAx

Some People Like A Lot Of Roms To Play Around With For Instants Me Its Fun To Do And Its Great To Know Which Rom Suits Your Needs Id Say The Miui Rom Is The Best For Stability And Very Quick..... B934 Is Great To But Does Have Some Issues I Bought The Phone Personally Because I Heard The Official ICS Would Be Out Early August But I Was Wrong But I Love The Phone Its Fast Its Great And Just All For £100 YOU CANT GO WRONG :)

Mate, besides the over-capital, sometimes a dot or a comma would be nice too! Damn!

Guest unaszplodrmann

I don't want to be a dick but

Let's All Be DICKS Together Then It Will Be Fun Vote Me Up Please Thats All I Have To Say KTHXBAI

As far as the handset itself is concerned, for the £72 I paid, I've no complaints. A word to the wise though, the G300 doesn't like moisture at all. It really desn't take much to short the capacitive button LEDs. Software-wise, we can see from Dazzozo's work on a CM10 port that Huawei's approach leaves a lot to be desired. Quantity over quality being the modus operandi in the Chinese tech industries, it is hardly surprising. The hardware does not currently have the software it merits, nor will Huawei be keen to provide; extended product life-cycles is exactly what they do not want. But unofficial development is looking rather more promising atm.

Guest frazer19

I don't understand why people have to be rude, I don't see it getting you anywere but anyways I'll be looking forward to jelly bean 4.1 THANKS

Guest unaszplodrmann

For my part, I wasn't trying to be nasty; I was just using your creative capitalisation to mock those who posted to just to have a go. But really, if you're gonna post in, erm, non-standard syntax on teh interwebs, you gotta expect some come-back. Theres always gonna be unsavoury sorts with two modes of posting - obsequious or contemptuous - who are always looking to score points.

I think this thread was a good idea. Its the kind of thing I'd read when checking out the subforums before recommending a particular phone to a mate.