Please opena a Xiaomi (Mi-One and Mi-Two) Section

Guest Sere83

Guest Sere83

This is a request more than anything. I would really love to see modaco have a section for chinese manufacturer xiaomi. I own a Mi One and it is a super super nice phone. Despite only being available in china, people really need to start taking note of this company they are making amazing android phones at great prices. There are many exporters selling their devices too.

Also Xiaomi have just announced the Mi-2 which for a short time will be the most powerful android handset available being the first to run the latest 1.7 GHz Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor (Adreno 320 GPU) which obliterates tegra 3 and the latest exynos chipsets.

Xiaomi-MI-2.jpg

Xiaomi MI-2 specifications

• 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with 342 PPI resolution
  • 1.7 GHz Quadcore Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with Adreno 320 Graphics
  • Android 4.1 (MIUI ROM)
  • 10.2 mm thick and weights 145g.
  • 8MP camera with LED flash, with f/2.0 large aperture and 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps, 720p recording at 90 fps
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Micro SD
  • 3G HSPA 42 Mbps , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz) with Wi-Fi Streaming, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, MHL (HDMI)
  • 2000 mAh removable battery & optional 3000mAh upgrade

Edited by Sere83

Guest airchie

+1 !!!

I saw the Mi-2 recently and my jaw hit the floor.

It looks awesome and I believe they should be very hacker-friendly?

Can you tell us how easy it is to run custom ROMs etc on the Mi-1 you have?

If anyone knows where to get your hands on these phones in the UK, please let us all know.

Is there any issues with taking this phone to this country with regards to radios/language etc?

Thanks in advance all. :)

Guest Davidoff59

Hard to get these phones even in China I have heard so what hope does the UK have. Amazing specs though. What price are we looking at for this?.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sere83

do you own one, will you be developing on these handsets?

I own one yes. No I don't develop sorry. Doesn't matter though cos Xiaomi provides weekly MIUI updates ;-)

Does anyone already buy a device here : http://realpricesfro...-xiaomi-m2.html (chinese seller), trustworthy or not ? guarantee ? Thanks.

No it is fake, the M2 has not been properly released yet, only 600 engineering samples which sold out in 10 seconds so far. It is rumoured to be released in china in limited numbers starting mid october.

Hard to get these phones even in China I have heard so what hope does the UK have. Amazing specs though. What price are we looking at for this?.

The phone will cost around $310/£195 in china, and will be released in runs of limited numbers. I would expect it to be widely available at online chinese exporters maybe by the end of the year or January, obviously with a price hike though. There are many online china stores that export so it won't be as hard to get a hold of as you may think, once Xiaomi has stopped selling it only from their website in limited numbers and start properly distributing it to retailers. Sites like Hotmid.com already sell the original M1 for around £170 and the upgraded m1s with front camera and improved cpu for around £205, obviously these are older models though.

Check out MarkHK's full M2 review at miuiandroid.com...

http://miuiandroid.c...e-review.18407/

Edited by Sere83

Guest Sere83

+1 !!!

I saw the Mi-2 recently and my jaw hit the floor.

It looks awesome and I believe they should be very hacker-friendly?

Can you tell us how easy it is to run custom ROMs etc on the Mi-1 you have?

If anyone knows where to get your hands on these phones in the UK, please let us all know.

Is there any issues with taking this phone to this country with regards to radios/language etc?

Thanks in advance all.

My previous post gives you some details. With regards to roms, because it already runs MIUI and Xiaomi provide weekly updates, custom roms are sort of unnecessary, i'm sure some people do run custom roms but outside of China very few sites even have a section on their forum that supports Xiaomi hardware.

MIUIandorid.com is the english MIUI site and I believe the only country supporting the Xiaomi phones outside of China. They release all the weekly English Rom translations and tweaks for all phones including the Xiaomi M1/M1s/m2 and the devs over there are amazing. As I said in the above post hotmid do stock Xiaomi phones, I have no personal experience with buying from this site just heard they were a reputable seller from other people in forums.

Edited by Sere83

Guest hecatae

where from hec?

here on the 5th October 2012:

sadly I ordered in the Chinese Public holiday, and they only got ahead of the order on the 8th, and had confirmation on 10th they are preparing my order.

Just waiting for dispatch notice.

Guest haxxbaxx

how u find them? id buy if they reliable, know anyone whos got one from there?

any websites i can read more about the community aswell?

Edited by haxxbaxx

Guest haxxbaxx

there seems to be a mi plus or s version which is like the normal mi-one but overclocked, the meizu phones also look good

Edited by haxxbaxx

Guest hecatae

there seems to be a mi plus or s version which is like the normal mi-one but overclocked, the meizu phones also look good

mi youth runs at 1.2ghz, mi s runs at 1.7ghz, original runs at 1.5ghz

Guest hecatae

you planing using it as your main phone?

my one x died today, charging issue, so yes it may become my main phone, once a qualcomm code aurora fan, always a code aurora fan.