Prelude to official ics release

Guest luvvt

Read the link first otherwise the pm will not make any sense.

http://forum.vodafon...ei-ascend-g300/

Not long after my last post on that forum Johnr sent me the private message below.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9586/pm5.png

He states that he added on a couple of weeks and that ics could be released next week.

I can't post a link to the image as its on my private account, and for some reason the upload on here only gives me this small image. If some one could give me a pointer I would be happy to reload.

post-985837-0-77697500-1345196832_thumb.

Edited by luvvt

Guest Rico_89

I can't post a link to the image as its on my private account, and for some reason the upload on here only gives me this small image. If some one could give me a pointer I would be happy to reload.

Have you tried just dragging the image into the text area on these boards?

Guest ahatomastarday

Thanks for posting this, luvvt. I think it's really great news, isn't it? Hope they'll make it available as a download on the Huawei website so we can all enjoy it, and not just the lucky kiwis using Vodafone! :)

Don't worry about the image, BTW, it's perfectly readable at least for me.

Edited by ahatomastarday

Thanks for posting this, luvvt. I think it's really great news, isn't it? Hope they'll make it available as a download on the Huawei website so we can all enjoy it, and not just the lucky kiwis using Vodafone! :)

Doesnt really make a difference someone here will find a hack, clever chappies that they are

thanks. hopefully when they won't make a new bootloader for it and its rootable!

Wouldnt the su bootloader tool from B926 do the trick as it has for all the ics releases ??

Guest Rico_89

Wouldnt the su bootloader tool from B926 do the trick as it has for all the ics releases ??

We won't know until it's released and someone tries it.

Guest tcpaulh

Hmm, modaco doesn't seem to allow direct image embedding. Tried

[img=http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9586/pm5.png] and also [IMG=http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9586/pm5.png][/IMG]

and get "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Also tried with .jpg

Oh well

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest ahatomastarday

Is anyone really still waiting for this with a perfectly fine b934 and CM10 right around the corner thanks to daz?

I am, personally, just to avoid any warranty issues.

Guest lowrider007

I don't want to root my phone so I'm waiting for the official ICS update from Vodafone but in the mean time I want to use my giffgaff sim (my phone is unlocked), once the official ICS update is out how will I obtain it?, will it just be a simple case of putting my Vodafone sim back in and updating and then reverting back to my giffgaf sim?

Guest andy.hyde4

I don't want to root my phone so I'm waiting for the official ICS update from Vodafone but in the mean time I want to use my giffgaff sim (my phone is unlocked), once the official ICS update is out how will I obtain it?, will it just be a simple case of putting my Vodafone sim back in and updating and then reverting back to my giffgaf sim?

It should be that simple, but then again it is Vodafone

Guest Rico_89

I don't think you'd need your vodafone sim.. I don't even have one and all of the updates so far have worked fine.

Guest lowrider007

Thanks for quick replies, guess I can start using my phone on giffgaff then!, I've just come from the original oled San Francisco with the stock FW/OS, the difference is night and day, although I will say now I've got a taste how Android feels on a better phone I want more, I'm hoping ICS will keep me satsfied for a while once it's released, I see on twitter Huawei said U8815 will get opengl 2.0, can't wait!

Edited by lowrider007