Prelude to official ics release

Guest luvvt

Guest toge64

Thanks for quick replies, guess I can start using my phone on giffgaff then!, I've just come from the original oled San Francisco with the stock FW/OS, the difference is night and day, although I will say now I've got a taste how Android feels on a better phone I want more, I'm hoping ICS will keep me satsfied for a while wants it's released, I see on twitter Huawei said U8815 will get opengl 2.0, can't wait!

wait until you play around with something like a S3 or a HTC One X, now that is a big performance jump

Guest palec69

I am, personally, just to avoid any warranty issues.

what issues ?

i dont think using any of the roms found here will void the manufacturers warranty in any way.

They probably wont check anything in the store and send it straight to an authorized repair centre and as long there's no physical damage(eg. fried cpu) the repair centre will flash the latest official rom and maybe lock your phone if it was sent from vodafone.Or you can send it straight to the repair centre without going to the store then they probably wont even lock it again, all you need is a proof of purchase.

Guest toge64

what issues ?

i dont think using any of the roms found here will void the manufacturers warranty in any way.

They probably wont check anything in the store and send it straight to an authorized repair centre and as long there's no physical damage(eg. fried cpu) the repair centre will flash the latest official rom and maybe lock your phone if it was sent from vodafone.Or you can send it straight to the repair centre without going to the store then they probably wont even lock it again, all you need is a proof of purchase.

they can see you're not only using an unofficial rom but also unlocked the bootloader. they'll say yiu've tampered it and refuse to fix it.

Guest tillaz

they can see you're not only using an unofficial rom but also unlocked the bootloader. they'll say yiu've tampered it and refuse to fix it.

everything we do on this forum with the G300 can be reversed... (meaning rom's, root, recovery,bootloader)

rooting your phone dose not void warranty, this is actually a fact,

flashing an official update would relock your bootloader, remove root & restore stock recovery...

BUT, you would want to send your phone back on stock gingerbread wich has no locked bootloader anyway

im personaly waiting to see if we get full hardware acceleration... but if this is true, we could just be getting a bloated vodafone B934

Guest xZaratustrAx

wait until you play around with something like a S3 or a HTC One X, now that is a big performance jump

Here in Portugal, I bought my G300 for 117€ and both Nexus and SIII costs in avarage 600€. It's a performance jump, indeed, but huuuge price jump as well.

So, and for the price, this phone, G300, should envy everyone that spent almost (or totally) a month salary on those high end gadgets, espeacially when it gets ICS.

Guest lowrider007

Hauwei are saying that the International ICS upgrade will be coming later in this year, I thought we were getting at the end of the summer?, or is the 'International' upgrade different?

@yeyaco10 Thanks for the question. We will release the international ICS upgrade for the Ascend G300 later this year. More news coming soon

— Huawei Device (@HuaweiDevice)

August 17, 2012

Guest xZaratustrAx

Hauwei are saying that the International ICS upgrade will be coming later in this year, I thought we were getting at the end of the summer?, or is the 'International' upgrade different?

https://twitter.com/...385407514841089

They told me exactly the same on their FB page.

"Huawei Device: Hi, thanks for your interest in Huawei Device. We will release the international ICS upgrade for the Ascend G300 later this year. More news coming soon!"

Edited by xZaratustrAx

Hi guys,

I took a leap of fate today and bought G300 at Telenor shop. It's still Ginger.

So, i looked at Huawei website for info, and maybe ICS rom. Nope, I didn't find it.

But, i found this

HUAWEI Ascend G300 Quick Start(U8815-51,V100R001_01,EN,General Version,ICS)

It's first link on global Huawei site, in support/manuals section. As you can see, they've put up ICS Quick Start guide.

So, it's imminent. :ph34r:

Regards, Nikola.

Guest ahatomastarday

Hi guys,

I took a leap of fate today and bought G300 at Telenor shop. It's still Ginger.

So, i looked at Huawei website for info, and maybe ICS rom. Nope, I didn't find it.

But, i found this

HUAWEI Ascend G300 Quick Start(U8815-51,V100R001_01,EN,General Version,ICS)

It's first link on global Huawei site, in support/manuals section. As you can see, they've put up ICS Quick Start guide.

So, it's imminent. :ph34r:

Regards, Nikola.

I'm afraid to tell you that ICS guide is being there for weeks.