Trustedreview of G300

Guest Ascend

Guest irishpancake

It gets a good review. Rightly so I think. :)

The review is very good OK, but the comments from that guy Hans Gruber, are very hard to take, given that he don't even have the phone.....

I posted a reply, which is awaiting moderation, so we'll see!!!

Here are his comments, which have 31 words pertaining to the Ascend, in an article of over 300 words, and he don't have the device, he actually reviews the Arc S !!!!

http://www.trustedreviews.com/huawei-ascend-g300_Mobile-Phone_comments

Hans Gruber

9:07 PM on 14/8/2012

The Huawei Ascend G300 forum at Modaco appears to have a lot of user complaints about reliability: http://tinyurl.com/ccwwkqb so though the phone is nice on paper, I gave it a wide berth and chose the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S instead: http://tinyurl.com/dxxepg5 which can be upgraded to ICS (via PC/Mac). At around £190 from those ever so knowledgable & morally upstanding folk at Phones4U, it's not a bad deal I thought. Quite happy so far. A lot slicker than my HTC Legend or ZTE Blade.

Pros for the Arc S: proper good camera, ICS, decent enough processor (1.4GHz though only single core), 4.2 inch 854×480 display (brighter than the ZTE Grand X), very fast GPS, comes unlocked and is unbranded. Slim & lightweight.

Cons: the Arc S has limited space to install apps (hence an over reliance on installing them to the SD card), single core CPU (the ZTE Grand X has a Tegra 2), 512MB of RAM (enough but more would be nice), battery life could be better though it's probably par for the course. Just okay call quality. P4U only stock white. You'll need to pay for a top up too, £10 (inc in the £190 price).

The ZTE Grand X costs £250 (plus £10 top up I think) and many people felt cheated that the retail price had gone up by £60 from the original £190. Another phone to consider is the San Francisco II and another, the San Diego though you'll want to do your research on those two as they'll likely have a ton of Orange branding on them. I'd likely have gone for the Grand X if the price hadn't risen - it just felt like P4U were profiteering regardless of the reasons behind the price rise. Also, the phone is really not bad in the Arc S and it's a nice thing to have once again

Edited by irishpancake

Guest dragpyre

The review is very good OK, but the comments from that guy Hans Gruber, are very hard to take, given that he don't even have the phone.....

I posted a reply, which is awaiting moderation, so we'll see!!!

Here are his comments, which have 31 words pertaining to the Ascend, in an article of over 300 words, and he don't have the device, he actually reviews the Arc S !!!!

I'm just finding it funny that he could have gotten an Xperia U for around £40 less, or an Xperia P for around that price and gotten a 2012 Sony with dual cores and better performance. Also, people on gsmarena complain that the battery reaches 40C on normal operation! :o

I'm allowed to comment because I've owned a G300 in the past. Lets see what I can come up with.