How to identify what ROM is on my phone

Guest BTatHome

Guest BTatHome

Picked up a G300 with a version of ICS already installed, seller did mention it, but I didn't ask many questions at the time.

How do I identify the rom? It starts with a Chinese splash screen and loads of Chinese bloatware. I want a cleaner rom but would like to know what on it first so I don't screw up .... Or is there a procedure that I can start with that doesn't matter what is on the phone currently?

Picked up a G300 with a version of ICS already installed, seller did mention it, but I didn't ask many questions at the time.

How do I identify the rom? It starts with a Chinese splash screen and loads of Chinese bloatware. I want a cleaner rom but would like to know what on it first so I don't screw up .... Or is there a procedure that I can start with that doesn't matter what is on the phone currently?

Just follow this link and you will be fine

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300/page__pid__2007103__st__480#entry2007103

Guest Rico_89

You purchased a Chinese G300? Ah "seller" .. is this an ebay purchase?

Anyway from the desktop press the menu button/ System settings/ scroll to the bottom and press "About Phone".

Edited by Rico_89

Guest BTatHome

You purchased a Chinese G300? Ah "seller" .. is this an ebay purchase?

nope, nothing Chinese about the seller at all. I simply assumed the Chinese UI was due to someone installed the ics firmware from china.

Anyway About phone states ....

Model number

HUAWEI U8818

Android version

Baseband Version

Kernel version

3.08-perf-00158-g222d0d1

Android@localost #1

Build number

U8818V100R001C17B926

So basically the B926 right at the very very end of the build number is the clue?

Thanks all