[KERNEL][GenoKolar][ICSB926+] Overclock 1.3ghz, Init.d support [Updated 08/10]

Guest Cyda

Guest PACOSH

If you're using a stock ROM then you'll have to get an app like SetCPU to do it.

i see, this kernel just allows me to change it, but i have to use third party app to do it.. didnt realize that, im lazy bastard... cheers for prompt advice dazzozo..

• 4 weeks later...

Once its flashed is that it sorted

If you are using a stock ROM you'll just need to create the Init.d folder (/system/etc/init.d) and then add your scripts as required.

Edited by Cyda

Guest MiguelPereira

If you're using a stock ROM then you'll have to get an app like SetCPU to do it.

Hi everyone!

I'm running B934, rooted and CWM'ed

Can someone please advise me on choosing the CPU control app (SetCPU or No-frills CPU Control) and which settings are advisable for normal everyday average usage like min. and max speeds and which governor to use?

Thanks!!

Use No-Frills CPU Control because it has a safety feature which stops you getting stuck in a boot loop because you choose too big of an overclock. If the phone resets or does not shut down cleanly the overclock will not be applied when the phone restarts. With SetCPU the settings are re-applied on boot regardless of previous shutdown and it is very easy to get in to a bootloop if you are not careful.

As for settings;

Max - 1.22ghz

Min - 122mhz

Governor - smartassV2

I/O scheduler - noop

I use these settings daily and find they work very well as a balance of speed and battery life.

Edited by Cyda

Guest MiguelPereira

Use No-Frills CPU Control because it has a safety feature which stops you getting stuck in a boot loop because you choose too big of an overclock. If the phone resets or does not shut down cleanly the overclock will not be applied when the phone restarts. With SetCPU the settings are re-applied on boot regardless of previous shutdown and it is very easy to get in to a bootloop if you are not careful.

As for settings;

Max - 1.22ghz

Min - 122mhz

Governor - smartassV2

I/O scheduler - noop

I use these settings daily and find they work very well as a balance of speed and battery life.

Wow! Thanks Cyda!

Applying it now and then I'll start testing on driving back to work as I'll use Bluetooth streaming on the car kit!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ludak021

3626 score in antutu with only 1.22 oc profile! :) 400 increase for me here! (my patriot c10 sd seems to be quite fast with scores huehue :D )

edit: on tillaz infusion rom ;) cant wait for his update today :)

edit1:

e2HNp.jpg

12.66 profile...nice little phone :)

Edited by Ludak021

Guest carrthee89

Frequencies from 122 to 480 mhz uses almost same voltage.. U can set min value to 480 or 245 atleast.. One more advantage is that it will finishes the processes fast(low wakelock) thus saves battery.

Guest timfimjim

Thanks cyda. With it being anzhi edition, cn you tell me what the difference is (from the other versipn)? Will it only work with certain roms?

Thanks cyda. With it being anzhi edition, cn you tell me what the difference is (from the other versipn)? Will it only work with certain roms?

It should work with any ROM just as the previous version did. The reason I've coined it the 'Anzhi' edition is purely for id purposes because that is the easiest way to identify between the 2 versions, i.e. version one's kernel version ends @LiGux and version two ends @Anzhi. I am still trying to get a changelog from Geno as the language barrier makes things tricky but if I get one I'll add it here. The only thing I know for sure that is different in this version is that he has added memory optimisations of some type to the kernel.

I'm currently using it with Infusion and it is working well. Slight improvements over previous benchmarks across the board for me.

Edited by Cyda

Guest timfimjim

So, should i just flash it with CWM? Of course, i'll do nandroid backup, but should i wipe anything?

Well you probably don't need to wipe anything, but as a safety measure I generally wipe cache and dalvik cache when flashing updates.

It doesn't wipe any data, and it makes it less likely to get bootloops :)

Edit: Cyda beat me to it. @Cyda I'll update and see what I think of it, thanks. Are you talking with GenoKolar then?

Edited by timfimjim

Are you talking with GenoKolar then?

Talking is a very loose description... He gave me the go ahead to post the kernel but he is a man of very few words. I've asked for a changelog but don't like to bug him really so just waiting to see if I get one.

Guest MiguelPereira

Just flash via CWM, no wipes needed.

Hi Cyda!

I'm doing a Nandroid Backup at the moment in order to flash this new Kernel (V2).

There's one thing that is just can´t find an answer or path to correct one issue:

When i Connect the phone to the computer It would(before) come up as a cd drive with a setup program from Huawei that it would install drivers and so on...

The two major changes I've done recently were:

1. CWM update to latest "Official" to 5.0.2.8
  2. Kernel change to this "Geno"

Are there any chances of recovering the "cd drive" partition as it says that is a non formatted disk?

Thanks!

I used to have the 'driver CD' appear when I was on stock but I use Infusion and I think tillaz removed this feature from the Infusion ROM. I see no difference using this kernel than I did using the older version, or omegamoon's in regard to the 'driver CD' appearing.

Guest MiguelPereira

I used to have the 'driver CD' appear when I was on stock but I use Infusion and I think tillaz removed this feature from the Infusion ROM. I see no difference using this kernel than I did using the older version, or omegamoon's in regard to the 'driver CD' appearing.

Thanks! :)

I'm on Stock B934 The only changes were the ones mentioned on my previous post.

It makes no real difference in everyday usage, so I was just trying to figure out which mods (CWM or Kernel) caused the partition wipe.

As of writing this, i see that is a new final version of CWM 5.0.2.8. I'll update in the next minutes!

Edited by MiguelPereira

Thanks!

I'm on Stock B934 The only changes were the ones mentioned on my previous post.

It makes no real difference in everyday usage, so I was just trying to figure out which mods (CWM or Kernel) caused the partition wipe.

Looking at it now I do actually see a 'empty' drive being mounted, so I guess it is related to this kernel update. As you say, it makes no difference though really so nothing to worry about.