[KERNEL][GenoKolar][ICSB926+] Overclock 1.3ghz, Init.d support [Updated 08/10]

Guest Cyda

Guest MiguelPereira

Looking at it now I do actually see a 'empty' drive being mounted, so I guess it is related to this kernel update. As you say, it makes no difference though really so nothing to worry about.

Wow!!! Just did this and let me teel the result...

The phone just finished the Nandroid Backup, went and chose "Usb Storage Mount" and connected it to the pc (to transfer the Kernel V2 and CWM 5.02.8 final version). It mounted two drives: My sd card and the "missing" CD Drive (!?!?) with all contents on it!!!

So I'll take a wild guess and state that it would be Kernel related as it comes if mounted through CWM!

Guest jsevi83

Wonder if Genokolar looked at the wifi issue with the kernel source...

Never had issues with wifi, but since I flashed this it seems to connect a little faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Do i need to flash V1 and then v2 or can i just flash v2? And how do I do if I want to get back to the stock kernel?

Sorry if it's to obvious or stupid but im new to all of this..

Just flash V2. To get back to stock kernel you restore the boot image from a previous nandroid backup (be sure to make one before installing the modded kernel).

Guest tcpaulh

Cyda, any chance you could talk to Geno? It seems his is the only custom kernel without a wifi or 3g freeze/reboot issue. If he won't provide the whole source (even though he should), perhaps he can supply just the necessary bits?

Cyda, any chance you could talk to Geno? It seems his is the only custom kernel without a wifi or 3g freeze/reboot issue. If he won't provide the whole source (even though he should), perhaps he can supply just the necessary bits?

You have as much chance of getting him to answer as I do. I have messaged him a few times about both his rom and his kernel and he doesn't reply, actually he replied once but nothing since then.

To do the nandroid backup I should enter CWM, click "Backup and Restore" and the "Backup", right?

Yes mate, thats the one.

Edited by Cyda

Guest PaulMilbank

https://github.com/genokolar/Huawei_kernel_msm7227a/tree/msm7227a

Source on his github for those interested, looks like he builds it from the u8818_defconfig. Cant wait to start committing these changes to my kernel, finally got the source to upload this morning to github. There is quite a lot of kernel development for this phone really which is good as there are a lot of commits and repos to pull from.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've been having random reboots with this kernel (v2) and Infusion B04, with no overclock, while the phone is sleeping, at least I think it's sleeping. :)

Any ideas why is this happening? Thanks...

Edit: I went back to Infusion kernel and it's the same thing, so it’s definitely not related to this kernel, but rather to some of my apps.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

I've been having random reboots with this kernel (v2) and Infusion B04, with no overclock, while the phone is sleeping, at least I think it's sleeping. :)

Any ideas why is this happening? Thanks...

Edit: I went back to Infusion kernel and it's the same thing, so it’s definitely not related to this kernel, but rather to some of my apps.

What's the last update.app you have used? Official B936? Then try flashing the appropriate RIL, you can find them by searching "RIL" in the G300 forum. There's a dedicated topic.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

What's the last update.app you have used? Official B936? Then try flashing the appropriate RIL, you can find them by searching "RIL" in the G300 forum. There's a dedicated topic.

Thank you for your advice, I flashed the B936 RIL and so far so good, let's hope for no more reboots! :)

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

After installing fusion, I get an error when installing'No-frills CPU' ... Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous...... any ideas?

cheers.

After installing fusion, I get an error when installing'No-frills CPU' ... Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous...... any ideas?

cheers.

settings / system / processor

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Danyel78

Please, help me.

I'm new to this world of modding kernels and roms...

So, if I understood well this kernel can be placed in already functional phone?

I want just to add some performance to the CPU and battery for my Huawei G300. I don't want to re-install the whole new ROM (I have ICS who i s working very well), so I want to install JUST this kernel to enable some governors...

Please help me, explain to me (noob) the easiest way to install this, step by step. Thank you very much.

Sorry for bad english, greetings from Croatia.