[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest breesey

Just wanted to say this is the first ROM I've found for my G300 that is made it nice to use...just need camera and headphones and it'll be perfect. No crashes, so very happy. Thanks very much!

Guest Twiglets

If I restore my backup of the stock ROM, will I still have to restore the IMEI? (With 5iromtoolbox).

And how come only "some" stock ROM's change the IMEI and not custom ROM's like Dazozzo's CM10??

Guest timfimjim

Amazing ROM works wonders.

Only issue is on 1305 over clock the phone reboots

That's not an issue with the kernel, simply that your phone can't handle running at that speed. To be fair it is a lot higher than the cpu was designed for. Go a couple of settings lower and see if it's more stable. Even at 1.1ghz there is a noticeable increase in performance over stockspeed

Guest Al_1604

Even at 1.1ghz there is a noticeable increase in performance over stockspeed

But the battery??

Underclocking is sometimes more real practical use.

A G300 will never be a S3, even with extreme 'clocking, flexibility is the real key (low minimum clock with reliable operation).

Guest Dazzozo

Dazzozo what specs are your dev computer out of interest?

My local machine:

cN9Y6EpHNiHA.png

My server that I used to run builds on:

3tMG7ueh6mxP.png

I currently do builds on the goo.im buildbot, so I'm not sure what the specs of it are. All I know is "fast".

Guest tracasan

it's not wise to set the cpu that low. think about it... takes more time more for the phone to wake up thus consuming more power... i found that the best min clock is 480

Guest Al_1604

I have my min speed at 122mhz..

Now, that should give a decent batery life. :)

If it does take a long time to 'wake up the 'phone' (I'm not too convinced) that all depends how many calls you get in a day.

Edited by Al_1604

Now, that should give a decent batery life. :)

If it does take a long time to 'wake up the 'phone' (I'm not too convinced) that all depends how many calls you get in a day.

Underclocking my previous phone resulted in it being slow to wake for a phone call each and every time but that was a armv6 device.

I have not yet over/under clocked the g300

Guest tracasan

Underclocking my previous phone resulted in it being slow to wake for a phone call each and every time but that was a armv6 device.

I have not yet over/under clocked the g300

my phone at 122 mhz is very slow in waking up when getting a phone call(i also have a lot of apps installed), that's why 480 is the best min value for me... fast in waking up and if it's a day with the phone ringing every 10 minutes i even get a better battery life than when using 122(could be even better with some undervolting)

Edited by tracasan

Guest dragpyre

My local machine:

cN9Y6EpHNiHA.png

My server that I used to run builds on:

3tMG7ueh6mxP.png

I currently do builds on the goo.im buildbot, so I'm not sure what the specs of it are. All I know is "fast".

>Windows 8

My sides... they hurt...

Guest rosco-85

Windows 8 is actually good.

How are you running Windows 8 Professional already? I thought it wasn't available to the public until October?

Edited by rosco-85

Guest Dazzozo
For the "normal" public.. You can get it already when you are a member of Technet, MSDN and other subscription programs.

Yeah, I am (was and apparently still am) a member of one of the cool clubs.

Does that mean donate or no camera? :-D

it means you don't need it badly enough for him to do it right now for you.

You don't know what work is involved in it, or how sensible it would be to do it last.

In other words, you don't know what you are asking, when you ask for it know.

When you say You need it very much Daz thinks of much more work than you think of. You could have the camera just by sticking to ICS. All the work he would rush would really make such little difference to you.

Guest ugnius40

I liked CM9, but showstopper for me was inferior call quality, routing through external speaker and no blue tooth. It seems cm10 is in similar state now. I don't want to rush or anything, just ask to keep working on it. I'll probably donate, but not atm.

Thanks Daz.