[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Hey Dazzozo, noticed you updated the donators list, I sent you a £10 donation, pretty sure I put my name in the paypay notes window.

Yeah, it has your real name but not your forum name. Cheers, just added you :P

Guest nobbiekris

Daz, would I be any help, Ive developed roms before for various phones to get ICS and JB working, I would be pleasure to help.

If you don't well thats okay anyways....

Daz, would I be any help, Ive developed roms before for various phones to get ICS and JB working, I would be pleasure to help.

If not maybe start your own?

Guest krishang3

If not maybe start your own?

Well I didnt think of that, I'm developing a Lite ICS rom, which was officially made for U81xx but now its for this with major hw mods!

Guest Dazzozo

You tell me - what's your experience and what could you help with?

Guest krishang3

You tell me - what's your experience and what could you help with?

I have experience with modding, Im not entirely familiar with kernels, I do have ubuntu so i have a bit of experience on that, I have lots to learn though :) Atleast I will experience more in the development area, I could learn some skills from you on the way as well...

Few roms i built

Gravity 360 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1546278

Ice Cream Lite 4.0.4 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28471852#post28471852

Edited by krishang3

Guest Dazzozo

I have experience with modding, Im not entirely familiar with kernels, I do have ubuntu so i have a bit of experience on that, I have lots to learn though :) Atleast I will experience more in the development area, I could learn some skills from you on the way as well...

Few roms i built

Gravity 360 : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1546278

Ice Cream Lite 4.0.4 : http://forum.xda-dev...52#post28471852

Did you do any of the device porting for these? I don't really have the time to invest in training someone up. Creating a device configuration is a bit different to using one for a build.

Daz on the u8800 pro forum under official ics with pink screen unlock thread there is a mod to unlock the cap huawei apparently out on certain devices on there fps. There's also a file you put in system/ect to unlock it. I stress its NOT for the G300 originally but i have read it may work.

Fancy a look. I did install it and it does not do any major damage. ie it boots.

Just thought it might be worth a look ;)

Guest Dazzozo

Daz on the u8800 pro forum under official ics with pink screen unlock thread there is a mod to unlock the cap huawei apparently out on certain devices on there fps. There's also a file you put in system/ect to unlock it. I stress its NOT for the G300 originally but i have read it may work.

Fancy a look. I did install it and it does not do any major damage. ie it boots.

Just thought it might be worth a look ;)

I've looked at it, it turns off vsync.

Guest thejaimes111

Hi Daz, incredible work on this rom ^_^. I´m running b03 and I have problems on unlock screen... :S. When I lock it and try to unlock, the phone continue showing a black screen ... don´t know if you noticed this problem, or is only mine...

I´m running Cm10 b03 on a u8815 (B934) clocked at 320-1224 smartassV2.

Regards !

Guest krishang3

hello Dazzo, Ive done a fully working port of Cyanogenmod 10 from Galaxy Nexus S, My first initial port worked, great but when I added new workarounds in Lib, and created my second updated ot test, the rom is on boot animation only? the screen goes dim, then brightens up then the led at top right flashes red then this repeats, any way to fix this? Or any directions you point out to me?

Guest TheSuvasco

Hey, I don't get what you mean by "This ROM will only work on a phone with a 2030 baseband version. If you flash this to a device with the 109808 baseband, the ROM will not boot. Therefore, this is only compatible with devices B926 and above."

I am new to this so I am not really sure. Any help would be great!

Regards,

~TheSuvasco

Guest thejaimes111
Hey, I don't get what you mean by "This ROM will only work on a phone with a 2030 baseband version. If you flash this to a device with the 109808 baseband, the ROM will not boot. Therefore, this is only compatible with devices B926 and above."

I am new to this so I am not really sure. Any help would be great!

Regards,

~TheSuvasco

This means that you have to install any oficial ICS, with GB not boots.

Regards !!

Guest TheSuvasco

This means that you have to install any oficial ICS, with GB not boots.

Regards !!

Okay, so how would I go about getting an official ROM? From the Huawei site?

Guest Potatoes

Okay, so how would I go about getting an official ROM? From the Huawei site?

You just need to be on ics before you install this, there's no need for an "official" version

Guest razzmataz1478
hello Dazzo, Ive done a fully working port of Cyanogenmod 10 from Galaxy Nexus S, My first initial port worked, great but when I added new workarounds in Lib, and created my second updated ot test, the rom is on boot animation only? the screen goes dim, then brightens up then the led at top right flashes red then this repeats, any way to fix this? Or any directions you point out to me?

You haven't built from source?