Photo

[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1633 replies to this topic

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

It's a shame when you work hard for people to leech off it without any credit

Welcome the wonderful world of Android development. Many don't bother to keep licenses in place, nevermind respecting authorship on more informal basis. The real shame would be if full source were public and they lifted it, but it isn't, and we'll all know who did the leg work when the times comes ;)

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

shockdj

shockdj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Music, Technology.
  • Devices:vivacity, skate, g300
  • Twitter:@shockdj
I'll just be glad when the rom is here. I know nothing of the technicals but I appreciate all the effort daz puts in. His crescent roms were great so I know this will be too. Excited :-) if u need testers give me a shout daz. I use my phone almost 24/7 so will be thorough in exploring every tiny last bit of the rom for issues. Keep up the great work dude!

Head Honcho of Leeds most famous Underground Radio Station – Radio Frequency – Shock has held residency at club night Jungle Jam in Leeds since Day Dot along with regular sets at Subdub, Exodus and Metropolis and is also the official old school Jungle DJ for DJ Steppas Audio Warfare outfit.

WWW.RADIOFREQUENCYFM.CO.UK

@SHOCKDJ

@RADIOFREQLEEDS

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Daz = Brian & JB = the Holy Grail

Posted Image

anyusername

anyusername

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascent G 300

Daz = Brian & JB = the Holy Grail

Who is Brian?

Alkapton

Alkapton

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:g300
Get a life man - "Whos Brian"

anyusername

anyusername

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascent G 300

Get a life man - "Whos Brian"

Life of Brian?

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy...............showing our age here lads.

peterck

peterck

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510-100
how to you install the new fix update https://www.codeauro...474563f9c143e77 but it keep say error on my computer

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Within two last weeks this thread grew up significantly what causes me to watch this thread carefully. Isn't it better to stop asking and start waiting for final commit, final submission of CM10 image? Some of us gets confused about number of posts in this thread with no official CM10 release (like as dzonyfox).

The best thing would be - close this thread, wait for CM10, and unlock this thread again when it's here.

--sry for my poor english

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Within two last weeks this thread grew up significantly what causes me to watch this thread carefully. Isn't it better to stop asking and start waiting for final commit, final submission of CM10 image? Some of us gets confused about number of posts in this thread with no official CM10 release (like as dzonyfox).

The best thing would be - close this thread, wait for CM10, and unlock this thread again when it's here.

--sry for my poor english

Never, this thread should not be closed. When the release is ready you'll know, and probably the title will change, specially that part saying "Last updated:"

Users really need to READ instead of going to the last page and posting anything.

peterck

peterck

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510-100
thank you for the info but dazzo said he fixed it

Edited by peterck, 14 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Peterck, its a dev thread, so just installing that fix won't work.Wait for the next release and it will be included already.

Malthus

Malthus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Never, this thread should not be closed. When the release is ready you'll know, and probably the title will change, specially that part saying "Last updated:"

Users really need to READ instead of going to the last page and posting anything.

To be fair, expecting people to read the whole thread (which I have done for the record, since I've been following it since the beginning) when it's as massively long as it is and filled with probably 90% irrelevant posts (like ours are here) isn't very practical or realistic. Better options would have included limiting the thread to Dazzozos' posts only or something, or Dazzozos updating the first post with new information when he makes a new post about the state of his ROM.

cddt

cddt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Agree with ScutulatusCrotalus no point really having this thread open, until Daz has updates. Makes me question the purpose, we all like to play with incremental updates, this is part of the fun and adds to the community.

When this is released with no bugs - great we've all been waiting and appreciated the work gone in, but would be nice to flash stuff along the way and understand progress and feel a bit more worthy!

buddn07

buddn07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:@buddn07
Surely it's quite simple... If you don't like it, don't read it!

I for one quite like reading the trials and tribulations that Daz has to go through to make this working rom.

I'm sure it will move to a release thread once a usable rom is released?

Malthus

Malthus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Surely it's quite simple... If you don't like it, don't read it!

I for one quite like reading the trials and tribulations that Daz has to go through to make this working rom.

I'm sure it will move to a release thread once a usable rom is released?

You just missed the point. People sometimes ask a question in this thread, coming to it fresh and rather than being answered (which would take all of one sentence worth of effort by one person usually) they're told by like half a dozen people to go read the entire thread, which is a ludicrously impractical suggestion obviously.

For instance, good way to answer to an admittedly noobish question: here

Bad answers here, here, and here

Which is more detrimental to the thread - someone asking a noobish question and gets promptly answered and everyone moves on, or someone asking a noobish question and a bunch of people being jerks about it and filling the thread with useless garbage, worse than the actual question was in the first place?

Edited by Malthus, 14 October 2012 - 04:20 PM.

Curlie

Curlie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
im sorry that english is not my native language and that i cannot understand all sorry sorry sorry :angry:

Dellboy2012

Dellboy2012

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@Dellboy2012

Who is Brian?

Monty Python's "Life Of Brian".

shiranpuri

shiranpuri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
curlie what ever you think what you read above you, it was not meant to be for you just relax dude^^

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
The problem with keeping everyone in the know, giving ways for people to catch up etc is that the pace of development is so fast. I honestly don't know how I manage to keep track of it, especially over the past few days -- we've had a few people contributing to development.

If people can genuinely provide alternatives instead of just complaining about the situation then I'm all ears.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users