Photo

[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

snsn

snsn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:8815
  • Twitter:@snsn
What is the deffence between the b934 in "others" and the Flashable B934 ROM (Repack) ??

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720
just in case you don't catch this before you've finished...

I think it should be Tillaz? Here: GB to ICS Upgrade Toolkit Download: Click here for the download of the latest ZIP file. (Thanks to dillaz for the Apps, As well as many others for the tools required to root and update etc.)

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

What is the deffence between the b934 in "others" and the Flashable B934 ROM (Repack) ??

I believe the main difference is in how you install them
  • "Other" file = download zip file to your PC and extract to a location of your choice; once extracted, copy just the dload file to the SD card on your phone, then go to Settings/Storage/Software Upgrade (more detail can be found in step 3 of op)
  • "Flashable Rom" = download Rom zip file (must be a flashable zip) to your SD card on the phone (I create a folder and name it: Rom's), then you install using CWM
CWM = Clockwork Mod which is a custom recovery that allows you to flash Rom's, Mods, Add On's, etc. It is also called CWR (Clockwork Recovery. They are the same thing)

You'll find installation details in the op as well. Take your time and read it all, carefully, before going ahead.

Hope that helps

Edited by Colossae3.23, 22 August 2012 - 10:21 AM.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Thanks for your help :D

Have put that Question in the FAQ's now and have updated the name sorry another typo.

Does anyone now is the B934 installable straight from stock GB 2.3.6 ??

Thanks

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Does anyone now is the B934 installable straight from stock GB 2.3.6 ??

AFAIK that's what the middle zip is for, and what the official update will do. GB > middle zip > ICS

Posted Image

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
am i correct pls

gb to b927

root install cmr

flash b934 repack

also can the android ics v1.0.1 zip be used instead of b927

not sure if this is right so any pointers would be appreciated

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

am i correct pls

gb to b927

root install cmr

flash b934 repack

also can the android ics v1.0.1 zip be used instead of b927

not sure if this is right so any pointers would be appreciated

Yep just follow the guide in the OP.

Go from GB to ICS (B926 or 7)
Then root and install CWM and Unlock Bootloader
Then run the B934 Flashable ROM
Then install Google Apps.
Done

Dont forget an IEMI Backup as well, If you follow steps 1,2,3,4 and 5 (method 2)and finally step 4 (again) you will be fine

The Android_ICS_v1.0.1.zip is a toolkit containing all the files you need for the Apps, Rooting, CWModing etc. You will need to also download the B934 Flashable ROM and the B926/7 ICS Firmware as well.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
nice one timethrow
ill let you know

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:G300
Hey guys, actually I'm already lurking around here for quite a while but didn't feel the need the use the forum yet. I decided to follow this guide. Checked my baseband, which was running 2.3.6 with baseband 109808. So I started. Everything went fine, I reached step 4 and installed everything in the right order (also all optional launchers). When booted and after setting up the phone, everything seemed working. I had service from my Dutch provider (yes I imported the phone for use here in Holland).

But then I was asked (when coming back from the settings screen to the home menu) which launcher to use, and I could chose between one called "2d Home" and another one. I choose the other (I guess it was GO Launcher?). But then suddenly I lost my service. I didn't know what was wrong and looked for my baseband version. It is also gone.

Now comes the speculation what I think that happened: I didn't yetenable this: Navigate to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. The phone also gave the error I wasn't allowed to finish the installed of the launcher because I didn't check this. Right after I did check this box, it was already too late and now my service/baseband is lost.

Probably this is easy to solve but I've no clue at all, I'm new into all of this. Hope someone can help me out. Cheers.

Edit: maybe it is worth noting that I stopped following the guide after step 4 since I wanted to play with this ICS first before moving on to B934

Edited by wouterbeer, 22 August 2012 - 11:03 PM.

droiddruid

droiddruid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I have had issues in the past with no service and running 'Fix Permissions' within ClockworkMod fixed it.

Dunno if you have ClockworkMod installed bit worth a try.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
yeah I have it installed, just enter recovery mode to do this?

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
EDIT: Sorry did not see the above post for No3.

Try the following....

1. Battery Pull (Remove the battery for at least 3 seconds and then power on)
2. Flash the B934 ROM using CWM
3. Try the Fix Permissions in the CWM Menu (can not remember where it is.)
4. Wipe Everything use CWM and try installing stock GB and upgrade again like that and follow all instructions

The launcher shouldn't make any difference to that and neither should allowing the unknown sources in settings. Finally did you back the IEMI up and is ICS rooted, CWM installed and boot loader unlocked ??

Edited by timethrow, 22 August 2012 - 11:10 PM.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Yep boot into recovery.

CWM Main Menu > Advanced > Fix Permissions
Return to Main Menu and Reboot

Edited by timethrow, 22 August 2012 - 11:14 PM.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Tried this without flashing B934 (and got into recovery without the battery pull), fixed the permissions, rebooted, and... still have the same situation.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

The launcher shouldn't make any difference to that and neither should allowing the unknown sources in settings. Finally did you back the IEMI up and is ICS rooted, CWM installed and boot loader unlocked ??

Got IMEI backed up, rooted, installed CWM and boot loader unlocked, all done by using your guide.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Tried this without flashing B934 (and got into recovery without the battery pull), fixed the permissions, rebooted, and... still have the same situation.

Then try the battery pull and if no luck try the B934 upgrade (Method 1) and finally if that does not work try restoring to stock GB and restarting the guide.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Then try the battery pull and if no luck try the B934 upgrade (Method 1) and finally if that does not work try restoring to stock GB and restarting the guide.

With battery pull it's not working either. Going to try to upgrade with method 1 to B934. Hope it works. Do you know if I have to install CWM afterwards again? (it's not clear in the guide)

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
One more question regarding the guide, when do you actually install/use ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk (or is this not neccesary once backed-up the IMEI)?

Edited by wouterbeer, 22 August 2012 - 11:36 PM.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

WORKED! Thanks! Is it useful to also install the B934 vendor files? Because without this I already have the notification toggles...?

Also: gapps (like gmail, maps, locations, youtube) are all there, seems I don't need to follow and install the apks in red from step 4?

Edited by wouterbeer, 22 August 2012 - 11:50 PM.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

WORKED! Thanks! Is it useful to also install the B934 vendor files? Because without this I already have the notification toggles...?

Also: gapps (like gmail, maps, locations, youtube) are all there, seems I don't need to follow and install the apks in red from step 4?

Regards to the GApps I think B934 does include them but am not sure. Glad you got it working. Vendor files are optional I am on B934 (From B927) and never added the vendor files for each off them and find it ok so its up to you. The steps in red in step 4 is for first use / installs as sometimes not everything is there, plus it doent hurt to get the latest stuff up there etc. and some of the things listed there aer not included in the ROMS / Firmware such as the SIM Tool Kit.

You only need to install that again A) if you want to?? or B) If you need to restore your IEMI number.

The reason why the CWM Reinstall is not clear in the guide is because im not sure if you do need to reinstall again. I know you will need to Re Root and Re Unlock the Boot Loader but am not sure with CWM. So will look into it.

Thanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users