Photo

[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Am I right in thinking that the vendor files are only needed when flashing through Cwm and with the dload way they're already there?

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
No there will be two update.app one for the rom another for the vendor files.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Am I right in thinking that the vendor files are only needed when flashing through Cwm and with the dload way they're already there?

Nope, The vendor files are supposed to flashed everytime you use the update firmware, How ever it is optional really as they only ever add a few extra bits.

1stdayonthejob

1stdayonthejob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
new android user here

I've done up to step 2 in the guide and now want to upgrade to ICS. There's a few things I'd like to ask

- are there any differences between b926 and b927 other than the vendor stuff?

- would it be possible to use the internal phone storage by placing the rom there to do the update? I don't have an microsd handy at the moment

- would there still be any carrier specific bloatware when I upgrade to ICS?

Edited by 1stdayonthejob, 23 August 2012 - 08:38 PM.

stokietom

stokietom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco II
I'm stuck on the early steps. I've installed the ADB Drivers but when I try to run install-superrecovery-windows bat it just sticks on waiting for device.

Any help please?

Dmullar

Dmullar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Great guide, just have one newbie question.

I've flashed Infusion successfully, the guide says to follow everything in step 4 once I've done this, but I thought that infusion would already be rooted?

stokietom

stokietom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

I'm stuck on the early steps. I've installed the ADB Drivers but when I try to run install-superrecovery-windows bat it just sticks on waiting for device.

Any help please?

Can someone help me here please, desperate to get a custom ROM on.

Cheers

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Any help please?

Uninstall and Reinstall the ADB Drivers ?? Is USB Debugging enabled ? Try toggling the USB Debigging Option On and Off !! Patience is Key.

new android user here

I've done up to step 2 in the guide and now want to upgrade to ICS. There's a few things I'd like to ask

- are there any differences between b926 and b927 other than the vendor stuff?

- would it be possible to use the internal phone storage by placing the rom there to do the update? I don't have an microsd handy at the moment

- would there still be any carrier specific bloatware when I upgrade to ICS?

The main diifrences between the ones are. B926 is Chinese and B927 is English (UK) so there will be a few differences like that through out. However they are both just as good as one another. Nope it does not work on the internal one. Goes to a Pink Screen, SD Card is needed. Nope there should be no bloatware (Dont know if the vendor files installs any bloatware though)

Great guide, just have one newbie question.

I've flashed Infusion successfully, the guide says to follow everything in step 4 once I've done this, but I thought that infusion would already be rooted?

Some ROM's do come Pre Rooted but few do so top be sure I added that. It doesn't hurt to do it twice if it is. But if you dont want to just skip it.

1stdayonthejob

1stdayonthejob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The main diifrences between the ones are. B926 is Chinese and B927 is English (UK) so there will be a few differences like that through out. However they are both just as good as one another. Nope it does not work on the internal one. Goes to a Pink Screen, SD Card is needed. Nope there should be no bloatware (Dont know if the vendor files installs any bloatware though)

so other than language there's no difference in terms of bug fixes etc? I can read both so the language isn't an issue

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
There are probably bug fixes and optimizations in higher build numbers. I mean, why wouldn't they?

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

stokietom

stokietom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Now I keep getting update failed...

voyager33

voyager33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
when i did the software update it said failed any ideas why

Bimbleuk

Bimbleuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
For the batch file errors such as "waiting for device" check you are running the .bat with administrator priviliges or run the file in a command promt with raised priviliges i.e. right click on the command promt icon and select run as administrator

I had failed errors on the B927 & B934 ROMs but no idea why as the B926 ROM did install OK.

So I'm currently at ICS B926 and all working fine and I'd rather update via the software menu option than force an update via CWM so any imput on that would be appeciated.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

so other than language there's no difference in terms of bug fixes etc? I can read both so the language isn't an issue

A few minor fixes etc and updates as well as diffrent vendor files, The launague will not be a problem as B926 will install as English (UK or US) Anyway dependent on your phone's settings

Now I keep getting update failed...

when i did the software update it said failed any ideas why

What OS is your computer on, Have you followed EVERYTHING in the guide up until now?? What firmware are you upgrading from and to. What happens when it says it fails what is going on, on the screen (Pink Screen ??? Progress Bar ??? Error Messages ???) Finally what part of the instructions are you up to.

For the batch file errors such as "waiting for device" check you are running the .bat with administrator priviliges or run the file in a command promt with raised priviliges i.e. right click on the command promt icon and select run as administrator

I had failed errors on the B927 & B934 ROMs but no idea why as the B926 ROM did install OK.

So I'm currently at ICS B926 and all working fine and I'd rather update via the software menu option than force an update via CWM so any imput on that would be appeciated.

Yep, It is an idea to run as Administrator so that it will work. (That is up in my guide somewhere) So thanks for reminding everyone !! If you are stuck on B926 try the dload method to install B927 or B934 as once you have ICS on your device the version you try to install (So long as it has the "2030" Baseband) should make no difference. Alternatively you could flash the B934 ROM in CWM as it is safe and does work. However it is up to you

emu123

emu123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:g300
hi
i tried to put the vendor files on earlier

at the mo i have cwm installed with the 934 zip file

when i put the dload and vendor folder on the sd card it starts to flash then just hangs at about 3rd of the way through

also i cant seem to flash any other firmware using the upgrade from sd while the phone is booted or using the forced upgrade

i have an imei backup but seem to be stuck with either using the infusion rom or the 934 zip

nothing else seems to flash

bit worried if i need to return to stock now as it seems i cant

voyager33

voyager33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

A few minor fixes etc and updates as well as diffrent vendor files, The launague will not be a problem as B926 will install as English (UK or US) Anyway dependent on your phone's settings

What OS is your computer on, Have you followed EVERYTHING in the guide up until now?? What firmware are you upgrading from and to. What happens when it says it fails what is going on, on the screen (Pink Screen ??? Progress Bar ??? Error Messages ???) Finally what part of the instructions are you up to.

Yep, It is an idea to run as Administrator so that it will work. (That is up in my guide somewhere) So thanks for reminding everyone !! If you are stuck on B926 try the dload method to install B927 or B934 as once you have ICS on your device the version you try to install (So long as it has the "2030" Baseband) should make no difference. Alternatively you could flash the B934 ROM in CWM as it is safe and does work. However it is up to you

i am upgrading from gb to ics and i followed all the steps and it come with an error message when it trys to install

1stdayonthejob

1stdayonthejob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i am upgrading from gb to ics and i followed all the steps and it come with an error message when it trys to install

I've also had problems updating to b927 from rooted b892. It just gave me 'Update Failed' error. I updated to b926 no problem.

I rooted my device when I was in b892 on linux if that's any help.

JackofHearts

JackofHearts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Guys can I get some help here? My device is Android Version 2.3.6 with baseband version 109808 and build number U8815V100ROO1C185B894. I followed the whole guide but when I try to install the ICS in the storage, software upgrade I get a " Update failed" in step 2/2. I tried both the chinese B926 and the UK release B934, but both keep giving me update fails. Any help or ideas?

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

hi
i tried to put the vendor files on earlier

at the mo i have cwm installed with the 934 zip file

when i put the dload and vendor folder on the sd card it starts to flash then just hangs at about 3rd of the way through

also i cant seem to flash any other firmware using the upgrade from sd while the phone is booted or using the forced upgrade

i have an imei backup but seem to be stuck with either using the infusion rom or the 934 zip

nothing else seems to flash

bit worried if i need to return to stock now as it seems i cant

Ok Try this tool / guide (Will write my own soon) It should work.

Ok Try this tool / guide (Will write my own soon) It should work. What you upgrading from and two (versions) with ICS try both B926 and B927 also try another SDCard as well.

I've also had problems updating to b927 from rooted b892. It just gave me 'Update Failed' error. I updated to b926 no problem.

I rooted my device when I was in b892 on linux if that's any help.

Try rooting again on the off chance and follow the above advice.

Guys can I get some help here? My device is Android Version 2.3.6 with baseband version 109808 and build number U8815V100ROO1C185B894. I followed the whole guide but when I try to install the ICS in the storage, software upgrade I get a " Update failed" in step 2/2. I tried both the chinese B926 and the UK release B934, but both keep giving me update fails. Any help or ideas?

Try B927, Then try another SDCard, Keep trying otherwise follow the above advice.

To all concerned what size SDCard are you using, Did you follow EVERYTHING, Did you remove the battery for at least 3 seconds, Finally did you try both B926 and B927

emu123

emu123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:g300
hi timethrow that tool stops at the 70 percent like it says in the thread

i also tried this https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1

but i get the pink bar that starts to flash across the screen then it just stalls for hours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users