Photo

[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

hi timethrow that tool stops at the 70 percent like it says in the thread

i also tried this https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1

but i get the pink bar that starts to flash across the screen then it just stalls for hours

No. If you read what he has wrote he says for him !! It does work on some devices so it is worth a try and if the IEMI method has failed then you may be in real trouble.

Like I said what size SDCard are you using and try a diffrent one of you can. Is the SD formatted to FAT32 ??

emu123

emu123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:g300
tried it with a 1gb card and a 32gb both formatted as fat 32

will see if i can grab another to try

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

tried it with a 1gb card and a 32gb both formatted as fat 32

will see if i can grab another to try

Try this as well.

emu123

emu123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
can see somebody else doing the same thing on another thread will hang fire to see if that works first

JackofHearts

JackofHearts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Try B927, Then try another SDCard, Keep trying otherwise follow the above advice.

To all concerned what size SDCard are you using, Did you follow EVERYTHING, Did you remove the battery for at least 3 seconds, Finally did you try both B926 and B927

My SDcard is 4GB and I tried B926 and B934, but not B927. I'll try it now and I'll tell if it worked. Thanks! :)

emu123

emu123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1

re read that guide again today and managed to get back to vodafone b882 whoppeee thanks for all the help guysuall

another little tip i did was i actually emailed myself the imei backup as well

Edited by emu123, 27 August 2012 - 02:23 PM.

jm_rave

jm_rave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Android, Piano & Guitar
  • Devices:Huawei P1 + G300
toggles missing after installing B934 ICS

Can I use Vendor update over B934-ROM-REPACK.zip?

I found somewhere not possible...anyone knowes why?

Thanks

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
Well it is possible but I'd not install them.i used the zip repacked and am happy with out them.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
To all you who have recived the Update Failed error follow Step 8 and when it says to pick the GB firmware you want select ANY firmware you want e.g. B926 or B927 or B934 !!

Let us know how you get on.

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB
Why isn't this pinned? +1 vote to pin this.

Al_1604

Al_1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E2 Duo

Why isn't this pinned? +1 vote to pin this.

Seems worthy IMHO.

lobespear

lobespear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:G300
i would like to suggest some possible improvements to Step 2 of the Guide (Rooting GB and Backing up your IEMI). these might be addressed somewhere else in the guide, but i expect other newbie users (like me) to be confused at these points, so some clarification at these point (in the guide itself, not just replying to this post) would be helpful:

"•Now connect your Phone via USB to your PC, Install the ADB Drivers (Goto My Computer, Find the mounted CD and browse to Drivers > ADB and run the setup file from there)"

- just connect via USB? do we need to press the "use USB file transfer" button that will appear on the phone or not?

"•We now need to put the phone into "Bootloader mode" Do this by Powering Off the Phone, Removing the battery for at least 3 seconds and then Powering the phone on HOLDING the Volume DOWN button and pressing the power button."

- do this with the USB cable still plugged in to the PC or not?

"•Once you have returned to the home screen connect the USB cable and transfer the "apk" (ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk) in the folder we extracted earlier, to the SD Card, To do connect the USB cable to the PC and set USB Storage to on and copy and paste the file to the root of the SD Card."

- okay so this means at some point earlier the USB cable should be unplugged but its never explained when or where?

- please explain which directory is the "root" of the SD card? as normally "/" is root, but i dont think that's the case for android SD cards.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

i would like to suggest some possible improvements to Step 2 of the Guide (Rooting GB and Backing up your IEMI). these might be addressed somewhere else in the guide, but i expect other newbie users (like me) to be confused at these points, so some clarification at these point (in the guide itself, not just replying to this post) would be helpful:

"•Now connect your Phone via USB to your PC, Install the ADB Drivers (Goto My Computer, Find the mounted CD and browse to Drivers > ADB and run the setup file from there)"

- just connect via USB? do we need to press the "use USB file transfer" button that will appear on the phone or not?

"•We now need to put the phone into "Bootloader mode" Do this by Powering Off the Phone, Removing the battery for at least 3 seconds and then Powering the phone on HOLDING the Volume DOWN button and pressing the power button."

- do this with the USB cable still plugged in to the PC or not?

"•Once you have returned to the home screen connect the USB cable and transfer the "apk" (ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk) in the folder we extracted earlier, to the SD Card, To do connect the USB cable to the PC and set USB Storage to on and copy and paste the file to the root of the SD Card."

- okay so this means at some point earlier the USB cable should be unplugged but its never explained when or where?

- please explain which directory is the "root" of the SD card? as normally "/" is root, but i dont think that's the case for android SD cards.

Thanks for pointing these out, I will adapt the guide later as at the moment I am at work on my iPad so I don't have time but some of the points here are clarified in the guide and or are "common sense" but never the less I will make some changes soon!

As for others thanks for saying this is good enough to be pinned it is appreciated ! I have already started work on v2 of the guide for when the official UK ICS for Vodafone comes out via OTA!! So if a Mod or Admin would like to pin this then please feel free!

On a side note how are people enjoying the new GB, ICS and JB roms ?. I downgraded to GB last night to check my guide and I forgot how different it is !

valdek

valdek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
Hi everyone

i upgraded my g300 by installing superrecovery > then rom B926>unlockbootloader.EXE ( root and unlockbootloader) >B926 vendor update.app > B927 > finally flashed by B934 repack.zip,( not sure should i update original B934 vendor.app after flash?? ) and all seems working ok just getting some error message : ( unfortunately contacts has stopped )
any idea how to fix it

thanks

wald

noobzilla

noobzilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:android
  • Devices:jiayu G3
i live in ireland and on the huawei official firmware list the only b926 i can see is in cn can i use it or will it not work?
thanks

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Hi, I've been reading this topic and some others for hours and still cannot find a solution. I bought the G300 two weeks ago, rooted it and installed recovery. Also did IMEI backup and stock rom backup. After that I installed AtomicMod, and later I installed lishuo-B897, but I wasn't happy with it so I restored my backup and then I installed a B894 rom I found. All that I did without problems and used the B894 for a week.

Now I wanted to update to B926 so I followed the instructions on this guide, but the update process stops right after unpacking and I get "update error". I tried several times, always with the same result, so I tried to restore my stock backup. After reboot the phone would stay in the boot logo, and then go to recovery with a message saying there was some error with a command. I wiped data and cache, removed the battery and then it finally booted. The weird thing is that after the restore I don't have the original boot logo and animated splash screen, so something is not right. The vendor package is missing, as I don't see the toggles in the notification area. What should I do? Is there any thread I am missing? Any help is much appreciated.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Hi, I've been reading this topic and some others for hours and still cannot find a solution. I bought the G300 two weeks ago, rooted it and installed recovery. Also did IMEI backup and stock rom backup. After that I installed AtomicMod, and later I installed lishuo-B897, but I wasn't happy with it so I restored my backup and then I installed a B894 rom I found. All that I did without problems and used the B894 for a week.

Now I wanted to update to B926 so I followed the instructions on this guide, but the update process stops right after unpacking and I get "update error". I tried several times, always with the same result, so I tried to restore my stock backup. After reboot the phone would stay in the boot logo, and then go to recovery with a message saying there was some error with a command. I wiped data and cache, removed the battery and then it finally booted. The weird thing is that after the restore I don't have the original boot logo and animated splash screen, so something is not right. The vendor package is missing, as I don't see the toggles in the notification area. What should I do? Is there any thread I am missing? Any help is much appreciated.

Look for upgrade downgrade tool, also known as the middle package on herr and try that

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Great, thanks, I just solved it! Maybe it should be in the guide that users upgrading from GB to ICS that have the message "update failed" should use that middle package. Now I'm going to see if I can install B936 after B926!

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
Several people have suggested this thread to be pinned as it's so damn useful and I agree. The guide is very well written and extremely useful for both new and old users so I've pinned it.

timethrow

timethrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Thanks to you all for the support and thanks to @fibblesan for pinning this thread it is much appreciated.

As an update, I have been very busy this past week (as I work alot of shifts that i dont know until 48 hours before) and so this week (Tuesday or Wednesday now) I will be working on updating all the toolkits and publishing a more clear guide on the Updated Failed error as the FAQ article on it seems to go un-noticed or misunderstood. and further to that will add information and links for the new B936 firmware that has been released. (Not that there is much anyway)

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users