Photo

[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

bogdantoma

bogdantoma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 Ascend

I cant zero my imei WHY?

1.installed 5iromtoolbox
2.backed up my imei
3.saved 5irom to pc and replaced 5irom from sdcard with 5irom_0 after renaming
4.usb mass storage off, usb cable off
5.restore imei

IMEI NOT 0, not even after phone reboot

It doesn't need to be 0. It can also be a different imei. Check to see. If the app modified your original imei than you're good to go.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
I zeroed my emei number to get off 926. When i flashed gb my calls text ect were all working fine even though imei was 0. I restored it anyways and flashed 936. Is this right. Should i have been to make/ recieve calls? or is my phone weird?

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
You're asking for trouble with a zeroed imei but it can work just fine. Depends on the operator. They use the sim to identify you....mostly

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Its all good now restored gb imei then flashed 936 as normal. Just thought it strange because i believed a 0 imei would stop mobile data

SterLu

SterLu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I just saw this link in some topic
http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY4ODE=
And I'm wondering if someone's tried it, it looks easier to just do the dload thing without zeroing the IMEI

EDIT: Downloaded it just to see what it is and there's a "Middle package for Vodafone" with an UPDATE.APP file (~1mb) inside and the B895 firmware and a manual for downgrading

Edited by SterLu, 21 October 2012 - 10:02 PM.

clauscdi

clauscdi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
What's the main reason of zeroing the IMEI?; this process can help changing the band or it has different benefits? I think using a "Middle package for Vodafone" we can downgrade without zeroing the IMEI.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Middle package doesn't always work.

SterLu

SterLu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Middle package doesn't always work.

What exactly does it do?

matmbl

matmbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
  • Twitter:@matmbl
doh, I've broken it (upgrading from GB to ICS)

rooting worked ok, installed CWM file also. Tried to upgrade via dload route and also the CWM route and I think I've bricked it!!!!

I've tried installing the official ICS via the official install route (Vol Up/Down + power) with the 600mb file in dload directory and it fails on the second part (1/2 seems to work, 2/2 fails immediately). Restarting just has the device sitting there!!!!

Please help!

Matt

BTW. I did backup the IMEI

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

doh, I've broken it (upgrading from GB to ICS)

rooting worked ok, installed CWM file also. Tried to upgrade via dload route and also the CWM route and I think I've bricked it!!!!

I've tried installing the official ICS via the official install route (Vol Up/Down + power) with the 600mb file in dload directory and it fails on the second part (1/2 seems to work, 2/2 fails immediately). Restarting just has the device sitting there!!!!

Please help!

Matt

BTW. I did backup the IMEI

Try reflashing the rom you was on before this. Flash official update

matmbl

matmbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
  • Twitter:@matmbl
Hmmm... I would have tried that if I backed up the original rom (doh!).

Managed to figure it out now. Just needed to flash a the update.app (see http://huaweig300.co...-your-baseband/ trouble shooting) and retry. I'm seriously impressed by this device, for the cash (£80 practically new on ebay) it's an absolute steal!

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Hmmm... I would have tried that if I backed up the original rom (doh!).

Managed to figure it out now. Just needed to flash a the update.app (see http://huaweig300.co...-your-baseband/ trouble shooting) and retry. I'm seriously impressed by this device, for the cash (£80 practically new on ebay) it's an absolute steal!

Thats what i meant:D

firefox3

firefox3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello
I have a big problem with my phone. About two months ago I dropped a little louder and then windows fails to detect the phone, probably due to damage to the Mini USB port or motherboard. The good thing is that at the time the phone was already rooted and CWM installed. Last week I wanted to downgrade but now I have two problems :
- my IMEI is zero and I can't restore it because I do not have root
- I can not root the phone because I can't use the USB cable
I searched everything I could find on Google, but I could not find anyone to be successful root the G300 without usb cable. If anyone can help me, I want to know if I have any hope for:
1. root the phone without usb cable;
2. IMEI restore the phone (without root) to use it even even without root privileges

Thank you!

ianduffy

ianduffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if somebody can help me. I tried restoring the zeroed IMEI but now my phone is in a constant reboot loop to CWM with an error about invalid arguments.

I have tried removing the battery for 30 seconds, clearing cache, data/factory reset etc. but nothing seems to fix it.

Any advice?

Adrn

Adrn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed B926 over stock vodafone Gingerbread firmware, now im struggling to upgrade the firmware but before i couldnt root or do anything other than reinstall B926 but i somehow i managed to get it to get it all working again and just stuck trying to update as middle update didnt work.

Baseband is 2030

Kernal version
3.0.8-perf-00158-g222d0d1 android@localhost#1

Version 4.0.3

Build number
U8818V100R100R001C17B926

Edited by Adrn, 02 November 2012 - 07:01 AM.

agent_0013

agent_0013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8815 Accent G300
Hello everyone. Cant update the baseband version to 2030.
What I have:
Model U8815
Running 2.3.6 GB
Rom version B885
Baseband version: 109808

What I've tried:
Copy dload folder with update.app to sdcard (middle package folder from ICS update toolkit) to SDcard, then storage - software update. Says completed, but BB version is still 109808.
Copy dload folder with update.app to internal memory and Vol Up + Vol Down. Also says update succesfull, but after booting shows BB is still 109808.
Redownloaded toolkit and tryied same again - same reaction, says update ok, but BB is not updated.
Downloaded middle package from other place (link on the bottom of guide) - exactly the same reaction.
What am I doing wrong? I just want to install ICS B934 (worldwide version without operator content, cos I live in Lithuania, and we do not have vodafone operator here).
Can anyone help me please?
Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

emyjojo

emyjojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei 8815, Google Nexus 7
The middle package doesn't change your baseband. It makes the phone ready to install a ROM with different baseband. If the flashing of the middle package was succesful, you can proceed to flashing the b934 version. :)

Chillimonster

Chillimonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Ok, have read, re-read, and am still none the wiser!

Am currently on B944 ICS (official Voda Zip repack installed by CWM) and want to revert back to Gingerbread.

Have tried the Middle Package from the official downgrade from the Huawei, but no go - the pink bar just sits there :(

am i stuck on ICS or can i revert back to completely stock?

craigysd

craigysd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:huawei G300

Ok, have read, re-read, and am still none the wiser!

Am currently on B944 ICS (official Voda Zip repack installed by CWM) and want to revert back to Gingerbread.

Have tried the Middle Package from the official downgrade from the Huawei, but no go - the pink bar just sits there :(

am i stuck on ICS or can i revert back to completely stock?

Try removing your SD card and putting it on internal memory worked for me.

Chillimonster

Chillimonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
No go - still the same - pink bar sat half way forever. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users