ZTE LAUNCH THE GRAND ERA (U985) IN CHINA

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

The ZTE launch quad-core the Grand Era U985 cell phone, this is the TD-SCDMA network standard

7afae973gw1dw4bnl990oj-1345541800.jpg

China Mobile's TD-SCDMA few quad-core models, the ZTE released intellectual concept Grand Era U985 phone regarded quench their thirst of for and made ​​the first quad-core smartphones that support the TD-SCDMA network standard. Specifications, it uses a 4.5-inch screen, clocked at 1.5GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB eMMC built-in storage. Aspects of the camera, with 8,000,000 pixels BIS back-illuminated main camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera. In addition, it also supports Dolby audio certification and MHL, the phone's thickness is 8.5 mm. Price, ZTE also gives the electronic channel guide price: RMB 1,999 yuan; know followed by China Mobile will some calls subsidy program, the price for TD-SCDMA users can still meet this network standard quad-core models relatively less choice. Should be noted that this model machine and our

hands before playing different interested can go contrast look at.

EDIT: battery capacity is 2000mAh

EDIT2: it now has a 4.5inch 720p display (used to be 4.3inch @ 960 x540 )

EDIT3: new photos can bee seen here, new design

copied and pasted from translated web page

source: http://cn.engadget.c...-u985-td-scdma/ (might need to translate from chinese)

zte say 1.999 Yuan (£199.99)

cant wait for the wcdma version :)

Guest TouchyAndalou

Yeah, we need to get a forum up for this. I have a feeling it could be quite popular, definitely more so than the Grand X. Hopefully Europe/ the UK doesn't get a watered down version.

Guest tillaz

Yeah, we need to get a forum up for this. I have a feeling it could be quite popular, definitely more so than the Grand X. Hopefully Europe/ the UK doesn't get a watered down version.

going of the pictures it looks like its had a total re-design, no more capacitive buttons ?

suppose removing them would make it cheaper to produce

Guest tillaz

i think it looks much better now smile.png

didn't really like the silver and blue look it first had

edit: we need a "grand era" forum

just noticed it had a spec bump up... it now has a 4.5inch 720p display

the increase in screen size must be to accommodate the on screen buttons.. so it probably works out at having 4.3 visible at most times

also, i found this part interesting, although i don't understand what they mean

Systems, U985 powered by the Android 4.0 operating system and built-in ZTE palm housekeeper.The phone does not require ROOT premise has the authority control of applications and content, a physical examination and virus killing function key.

one thing that i'm not keen on and never have been... it has no removable battery...

so how do you recover a boot loop if you cant pull the battery to get back into to clockworkmod ?

Guest runlevel5

I'm also unsure about the non-removable battery but if it does retail at around £200 I might sell my G300 and get one. Great specs at that price point.

@tillaz I take it you will be doing infusion type roms on this device if/when you get your mitts on it?

Guest FrankieADZ

owww....any dates of when it might be out here?

no removal battery....hmmmm....are we 100% on that.

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest tillaz

I'm also unsure about the non-removable battery but if it does retail at around £200 I might sell my G300 and get one. Great specs at that price point.

@tillaz I take it you will be doing infusion type roms on this device if/when you get your mitts on it?

definitely

owww....any dates of when it might be out here?

no removal battery....hmmmm....are we 100% on that.

that's what its looks looking like in the new pics... shouldn't be a problem though as nearly all htc devices are like this, there will be a hidden reset button probably,

also, i think the wcdma version (European modle) will cost a little more... £239.99 or £249.99

still a great price for tegra 3... i personally cant wait to get this phone, hate my o2x and gingerbread...

post-913969-0-67855700-1345572961_thumb. post-913969-0-40674300-1345572967_thumb. post-913969-0-01823800-1345573033_thumb. post-913969-0-67480300-1345573034_thumb.

Guest TouchyAndalou

This is the phone I've been wanting to get, although I actually preferred the previous design of it and the battery thing, if true, is a real bummer. But as long as there's no more bad news, it's still looking a pretty decent option.

Guest hugobosslives

still a great price for tegra 3... i personally cant wait to get this phone, hate my o2x and gingerbread...

why you still on gb on the 2x?

Guest Sir_Didymus

Wow! This phone looks a lot better than the previous design that reminded me of a HTC phone. I really really hope it does come to the UK at under £250. Waited long enough to upgrade to something with a lot better specs and I hope this can be that phone. Any idea when we might get it in the UK? Christmas? Earlier?

Guest tillaz

Wow! This phone looks a lot better than the previous design that reminded me of a HTC phone. I really really hope it does come to the UK at under £250. Waited long enough to upgrade to something with a lot better specs and I hope this can be that phone. Any idea when we might get it in the UK? Christmas? Earlier?

some time in October i think

Guest tillaz

I think it will be priced at £300.

Anywhere below £250 would make the Grand X obsolete wouldn't it?

na, that would defeat the whole idea of the kia-platform it uses... (same as the nexus 7 tablet)

its was made to get affordable tegra 3 devices on the market... same as the nexus 7 tablet @ £159.99

it wont be over £250... have a Google about the nvidia tegra 3 kia-platform

Anywhere below £250 would make the Grand X obsolete wouldn't it?

yes, it would in reality, but zte don't seem to be bothered... and here is why

the mimosa x (u970) released in china first at 1999 Yuan (£199.99) few month ago....

last week zte announced that the grand era (u985) will be released September in china , and said the price is 1999 Yuan (£199.99)

so as you can see they have already made the mimosa x obsolete :o

BUT, by the time the era hits the U.K the grand x will be around £149.99...

so there would still be a £100 differance in price betwen zte quad core and dual core devices ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TouchyAndalou
just found out that the WCDMA version of the zte era will cost $385 / £240

Not too bad, although I'd probably be waiting for it to drop to at least £200.

to tell the truth, i have kind of went off the zte era now that this is due out...

http://www.fastcardt...processors.html

its got a 1080p display, 2GB RAM, 12mp camera by Sony, plus it ships with jelly bean and its roughly the same price...

once again zte have took to long to releases there device :(

specs

Phone nickname: OPPO Find 5

System: Andriod Jelly Bean4.1

Processor(CPU): Krait APQ8064

GPUModel:QualcommAdreno320

Memory:RAM: 2GROM:16G, 32G

Network standard:-FDD-LTE-TDD-LTE-UMTS/ HSPA-CDMA20001xAdvanced,theEVDORev.B-TD-SCDMA- GSM/GPRS /EDGE

Screen resolution:1920*1080

Screen material:IPSretinascreen

Screen size:5-inch16:9

Camera:after1200Sonyback-illuminatedcamera,dual LEDfill light,face recognition,8x digital zoom,autofocus,touchfocus,supportcamera shortcut key,2000000Samsungcamera

Headphones: 3.5mm

Sensor:three-axis gyroscope, 3Dcompass, proximity sensor,light sensor, gravitysensor

NFC:Support

Body size: 129mm*65mm*6.9mmflat, with no protruding

Body Material:Corning Gorilla glassbefore,after thematte textureofsteelfiberback cover

Body color:black,white

Memory card:support16G, 32G

Back coverwhetherreplacement:can be replaced,color covers

Battery capacity: 2500mAh

ProductWeight:149gincludingbatteryabout