Pants Antutu benchmarks on G300

Guest bizzlebest

Guest bizzlebest

Hey all,

Just bought my G300 from Vodafone, unlocked it and put in my SIM, not changed firmware or anything.

Downloaded Antutu to see what score I was getting and was shocked at the result.

On the Battery - 2469

On the Charger - 2700

This is pretty low.

I'm seeing others getting 3057, 2980, 3081 on battery out of the box and 3100 on charge!

Shall i send it back?

Thanks for replies

Guest Potatoes

Tbh those numbers seem fine, you'll find the numbers can differ alot and mainly due to the sdcard benchmark. So those with different sdcard speeds will have different overall benchmarks, hell you will even find hugely different sdcard benches even with the same sdcard! Example:

Screenshot_2012-08-17-23-29-57.png

and usually it's around 6mb/s write and 12mb/s read. Obviously on this particular run the odd boost in sdcard speed upped my score significantly.

Guest bizzlebest

Thanks for the responses people, but i fear its not just the SD card thats slow on mine!

Benchmark results from AnTuTu v2.9.1

RAM - 270

CPU interger - 593

CPU float point - 377

2d Graphics - 248

3d graphics - 610

database io - 265

SD write - 33

SD read - 77

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I don't understand this obsession some people have with benchmark scores. Surely what matters is how the phone 'feels' in operation? The whole comparing results of synthetic benchmark things smacks of a dick-swinging contest to me.

I shudder to think at the hours of my life I spent in my early twenties tweaking my PC to 'improve' my 3DMark scores but never actually seeing a perceptible difference in the smoothness of the games I played.

Frankly I would be embarrassed to take my phone back and, when asked what the fault is, to have to respond with "my Antutu score is the lowest in the playground".

Harsh? Shoot me; I'm in a bad mood.

Guest tillaz

I don't understand this obsession some people have with benchmark scores. Surely what matters is how the phone 'feels' in operation? The whole comparing results of synthetic benchmark things smacks of a dick-swinging contest to me.

I shudder to think at the hours of my life I spent in my early twenties tweaking my PC to 'improve' my 3DMark scores but never actually seeing a perceptible difference in the smoothness of the games I played.

Frankly I would be embarrassed to take my phone back and, when asked what the fault is, to have to respond with "my Antutu score is the lowest in the playground".

try a custom rom

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Hi, tillaz. I have been following the thread about your Infusion ROM with interest and certainly plan to give it a go when I get a bit of time. Currently running Paul's Gr2. I don't see how this relates to my point about fretting over a few points here and there in synthetic benchmark tests though.

When I had my Blade I overclocked it to 729MHz. I checked the settings in SetCPU from time to time and on odd occasions I found it had reset back to 600MHz and I hadn't noticed.

My point is, why fret over points in benchmark apps if, in real world usage, the performance difference is imperceptible?

Guest droiddruid

Just had to post to say well put :)

Agree 100%

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bizzlebest

Just to let you know, i sent the phone back and got it for £20 cheaper in Tesco. This one is getting 3100 on the stock rom and is noticeably faster. So to the above posters that are trying to be smart, if you want to carry on being mugged off, then go for it! I on the otherhand will not....

Mod edit: No swearing on the forum please.

Edited by flibblesan
No swearing

Test 1 (about 48 hours active time):

Total - 3037

RAM - 320

CPU interger - 627

CPU float point - 407

2d Graphics - 293

3d graphics - 983

database io - 265

SD write - 46

SD read - 86

Test 2 (reboot the phone):

Total - 2962

RAM - 320

CPU interger - 634

CPU float point - 369

2d Graphics - 294

3d graphics - 961

database io - 265

SD write - 59

SD read - 60

Test 3 (reboot the phone with killed applications):

Total - 3168

RAM - 321

CPU interger - 637

CPU float point - 405

2d Graphics - 294

3d graphics - 1005

database io - 355

SD write - 87

SD read - 64

• 3 months later...
Guest bflmpesseveze

What?? Im about 1000 higher with standard clock 3900-4100. My top is 4502 with 1.2 GHz OC.

586 RAM

831 CPU int

691 CPU float point

333 2D

1472 3D

330 database io

150 SD write

109 SD read

What?? Im about 1000 higher with standard clock 3900-4100. My top is 4502 with 1.2 GHz OC.

586 RAM

831 CPU int

691 CPU float point

333 2D

1472 3D

330 database io

150 SD write

109 SD read

A recent antutu update increased the scores. So unless you are using the same version the scores aren't really comparable.

Here's an example:

Older version:

post-923750-0-53035800-1355916154_thumb.

Newer version:

post-923750-0-11355900-1355916263_thumb.

I know the clocks are not exact but I doubt a 13mhz increase would result in a score increase of over a thousand. ;)

Edited by Cyda

Is that test on the exact same rom Cyda? No changes to the rom?

Nope but I don't think the rom changes are THAT much faster to be honest. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

As there is clearly some doubt over the validity of my claims I've provided some more example screenshots.

Same rom, same settings just a different Antutu version.

v2.9

post-923750-0-04474200-1355921019_thumb.post-923750-0-69623500-1355921012_thumb.

v3.0.3

post-923750-0-58642800-1355921004_thumb.post-923750-0-66427300-1355921391_thumb.

Case closed? ;)

Edited by Cyda

Guest unaszplodrmann

Case closed? ;)

Addendum: Those screenies are a perfect demonstration of Antutu's suckiness; the i/o figures are whacked.

v3.0.3 Changelog:

==============

- Increased the scaling for the scores.

- Added some shiny icons

- Sorry, the I/O sampling is still god awful

OK, so the purposes of bragging, Antutu is fine - empty figures for a meaningless exhibit - but when people use it with the expection of meaningful diagnostic info... Doh.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest bflmpesseveze

A recent antutu update increased the scores. So unless you are using the same version the scores aren't really comparable.

Here's an example:

Older version:

post-923750-0-53035800-1355916154_thumb.

Newer version:

post-923750-0-11355900-1355916263_thumb.

I know the clocks are not exact but I doubt a 13mhz increase would result in a score increase of over a thousand. ;)

Why do I have 900 points less with your ROM ? Any idea?

Why do I have 900 points less with your ROM ? Any idea?

Probably for the same reason that there is 200 points difference between those two v3 benchmarks above. Probably differences in sdcards. Who can say with Antutu it is random at best.