Stock Camera on GB 892

Guest igors_s

Guest igors_s

Hello,

Upgraded to G300 yesterday from the blade. Brilliant device, but few things are rather strange.

The camera is behaving strangely. When taking a picture, the autofocus starts working, the image in the viewfinder goes very crisp, but the saved version is blured.

Is this a shortcoming of the camera? Does the ICS behave better in this regard?

Guest samjam

Hello,

Upgraded to G300 yesterday from the blade. Brilliant device, but few things are rather strange.

The camera is behaving strangely. When taking a picture, the autofocus starts working, the image in the viewfinder goes very crisp, but the saved version is blured.

Is this a shortcoming of the camera? Does the ICS behave better in this regard?

I have this problem with the ICS builds too.

Guest Davidoff59

It seems to back off out of focus just as you hit capture. I have reported it to huawei who said they would look at it. That's prob why some images tht people posted are way better than others that have been posted.

Guest Rico_89

I don't really have this problem unless I'm extremely close to the object.. is so then I just back off, take the picture, pinch zoom and take a screenshot.

Have you tried turning off auto focus, then just tap to zoom?

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Davidoff59

Being too close to an object, it won't focus at all which is standard on all cameras with a minimum focusing distance. What I mean is it focuses ok, then when you hit capture, it goea slightly out of focus just as it takes the pic.You can see it happen on the screen.

Guest belmet

the camera is not the best. I read a lot of reviews of the g300 before I bought mine and they all said the camera was crap so I wasn't disappointed when that turned out to be true :P

Guest Rico_89

Being too close to an object, it won't focus at all which is standard on all cameras with a minimum focusing distance. What I mean is it focuses ok, then when you hit capture, it goea slightly out of focus just as it takes the pic.You can see it happen on the screen.

Yea I know, what I'm saying is that if you turn off auto focus, then tap the screen to manually focus, the camera won't try to refocus which I think causes the blurry image. The only time I see the blur now is when I'm close, but not so close that I'm outside the limits of the camera, and I can't keep my hand steady enough, then I get a blurry image.

Guest MiguelPereira

Hi everyone!

This time I really call for help!!!

Here's the issue:

As of curiosity, I decided to try the B926 camera that "tcpaulh" provided us.

Moments before I did a CWM Backup, went into Root Uninstaller Pro, made a backup of the original (I'm on B934 - freshly Installed) and uninstalled it. Right after that, In Root Explorer, grabbed B926's Camera and replaced in "system/app" directory. Launched it and played with it alright.

The strange thing is every time I start the camera the gallery shortcut icon is blank as if there was no picture in the gallery. I pressed it and it doesn't jump into it! If I start the gallery though launcher or app tray it shows up correctly but it states that has no pictures, albums etc.

So I went back and restored the original. But the issue remains!

I restored through CWM the backup done minutes before the swap and the issue still remains!!!

I would greatly appreciate any help as I think it would be a pain reinstalling the rom, apps and so on!

I've wiped all of dalvik cache, data of both camera and gallery, but with no results what so ever!

On last mistery: If I go into the SdCard and dive into the DCIM folder.. all the photos are there, even the ones taken now!!

Thanks!

EDIT: Solved it by clearing "Media Storage" data! - Hope this may help someone else too!

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest MiguelPereira

How we're the pics with the alternative camera apk?

Honestly I noticed no difference! I still think that with a steady hand and with a little play with camera settings, we're gifted with pretty nice pictures! That is, of course, in perspective to a 120€/100£ phone.

The only thing that annoys me is the video recording resolution still downgraded on ICS to 640x480) maximum...

Guest tcpaulh

btw, the apk can install to data instead of system by double clicking on it. No need to integrate into rom unless you really wanted to. You probably knew this :)

Guest igors_s

Considering that the image goes very clear on screen, I for one think it's the issue with jpeg compression method used to save the files.

I've done tests where phone is held stationary on the table and taken same picture freehand. There is no noticeable difference.

Guest MiguelPereira

btw, the apk can install to data instead of system by double clicking on it. No need to integrate into rom unless you really wanted to. You probably knew this :)

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest unaszplodrmann

The camera firmware is shoddy, that's all. Its typical, the hardware is half decent, but they couldn't be bothered to support it properly, when they could instead be focusing on pumping out the next minor hardware increment and suckering people into buying yet another phone.

Guest Rico_89

I've pretty much given up with the stock camera app. I now use 'Camera 360 Ultimate' https://play.google....droid.Camera360

The picture quality is much better and it is quick to focus. I recommend you give it a try.

Camera 360 is good no doubt about it and at night it might actually be better than the stock HW camera, but during the day the HW camera has more detail and can be blown up much larger. Take a picture of your pet, then pinch zoom and examine the detail of the fur, or do the same with a flower. The detail and sharpness is much greater... For me anyway.