• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

Walwon

Walwon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)

That's just ... i don't know what to say about it, it makes absolutely no sense to me. :(

New version is up today, won't help you but it's a lot nicer for those that can use it.

Just out of curiosity I have tried your new version to install KonstaT's CM10 loopROM in SSRLS7 nandROM.
After I entered the name and the size of the system image I wanted to create size, there were multiple errors:
/sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files /cm10sys: cannot open for write: No such file or directory
losetup: /devloop0: No such file or directory
mke2fs: not found

The same happened for the data image.
The multiboot folder was not created on the sdcard.

Edited by Walwon, 25 October 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

Just out of curiosity I have tried your new version to install KonstaT's CM10 loopROM in SSRLS7 nandROM.
After I entered the name and the size of the system image I wanted to create size, there were multiple errors:
/sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files /cm10sys: cannot open for write: No such file or directory
losetup: /devloop0: No such file or directory
mke2fs: not found

The same happened for the data image.
The multiboot folder was not created on the sdcard.

Not with SSRLS7 as NAND but i have tried it with Mokee which, as you know, is also GB. It worked fine.

The startup script contains these lines:

if [ ! -e /sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files ]
then
mkdir -p /sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files
fi

if [ ! -e /sdcard/multiboot/data-loop-files ]
then
mkdir -p /sdcard/multiboot/data-loop-files
fi

Right at the beginning of the file which creates the necessary directories. If you can't even get that far then something is terribly wrong.

The loop file creation is really very straightforward and should always work unless your su is broken which would cause those exact problem (apart from the multiboot directory not being created, it absolutely should be created even if you ran it as a regular user.

gourav35

gourav35

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35

Right. I'm getting started on rewriting the app so it does what the script file does. Hopefully that will get rid of ALL these permission errors.

are you still working on it... i know you don't use blade anymore but if you get this work it will be your biggest gift for blade..

gourav35

gourav35

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35
or in other words i want to use multi boot but I'm new to Android and never used terminal emulator or script in my entire life.. this process may look easy for you guys and i can go by step to step but I'm bit skeptical to do it... can somebody update video tutorial so I can make sure that I'm not doing anything wrong

retand

retand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there !
I have problems with android version. When I start option 2,3 look what happen in the picture I attached.

Attached Files

San Francisco white edition ,rooted with custom ROM - Blade 365

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Hi there !
I have problems with android version. When I start option 2,3 look what happen in the picture I attached.

Which ROM are you running the script on?

It looks like a problem with losetup.

retand

retand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Android version - 2.3.7
Mod version - CyanogenMod - 7.2.0-blade
If I change the ROM will this script work right ?

San Francisco white edition ,rooted with custom ROM - Blade 365

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Android version - 2.3.7
Mod version - CyanogenMod - 7.2.0-blade
If I change the ROM will this script work right ?

It should work right with CM7.2 too.

What is the output of the following:

1. start terminal session

2. su

3. losetup -f

The script uses losetup -f to setup the value of $scriptloop but in your case it seems that that value is null and that is why it's complaining about scriptloop not being a typewriter.

The script has these lines:

scriptloop=$(losetup -f)

dd if=/dev/zero of=scriptloop bs=1024 count=30000

losetup $scriptloop scriptloop

But if $scriptloop is null then you get:

losetup scriptloop

and that is why it's complaining.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Unfortunately, I have the same problem as Walwon. :( With Gen2 European Blade, NAND: CM10-KK, loop: tried SS-RLS7 & Micro7. No errors in script (latest version), but it won't boot (stuck on green droid, LED is off).

Can you provide us with a full working set of files (not just boot.img) for SS-RLS7 or CM7 on CM10-KK (or other NAND), and will it help?

Edited by elrond_bs, 18 December 2012 - 01:07 AM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Unfortunately, I have the same problem as Walwon. :( With Gen2 European Blade, NAND: CM10-KK, loop: tried SS-RLS7 & Micro7. No errors in script (latest version), but it won't boot (stuck on green droid, LED is off).

Can you provide us with a full working set of files (not just boot.img) for SS-RLS7 or CM7 on CM10-KK (or other NAND), and will it help?

Could you zip your system and data loop files (you'll find them under /sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files and /sdcard/multiboot/data-loop-files) as well as your boot.img (you'll find that in the /sdcard/multiboot/[nameofrom]boot.img) and upload them somewhere?

The thing is that the script works as it is on CM10-KK as well as on Burstlams AOKP, Mokee, CM-7.2 stable and nightly, both for installation when running either of them on nand and as loop installs. I cannot for the world of me reproduce the error you're talking about and since it does work for many others too it's not the script that is the problem, it has to be something else.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I believe I found the problem. For some reason option 2 in the script doesn't work correctly (despite saying "Everything worked" at the end) and skips creating system image from the ROM. I've done it 5 times, going carefully through option 1, then 2 with Swedish Snow and Micro7.

Here is the code from Terminal Emulator:
Spoiler

Edited by elrond_bs, 18 December 2012 - 10:00 PM.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

I believe I found the problem. For some reason option 2 in the script doesn't work correctly (despite saying "Everything worked" at the end) and skips creating system image from the ROM. I've done it 5 times, going carefully through option 1, then 2.

Here is all code from Terminal Emulator:

Spoiler

There is indeed an error in the script but the error isn't that it doesn't create the proper files, the error is that you get the faulty error message.

If you look under /sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files you'll note that it's right there and if you mount it you'll note that the ROM is indeed installed into that file.

I'm using this exact version of the script and it works.

Looking at what you just posted the script worked just fine and should be ready for install.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Yes, but it doesn't work. I completed the steps 3 (for CM7 only), 4, and 6, several times and when I reboot I'm stuck on the green droid.

Furthermore, when I zipped the files you requested, their total size was less than 4MB, which means System and Data are empty (despite being 150MB outside the zip).

Check for yourself: http://db.tt/8JkeAW4q

Edited by elrond_bs, 18 December 2012 - 10:30 PM.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Yes, but it doesn't work. I completed the steps 3 (for CM7 only), 4, and 6, several times and when I reboot I'm stuck on the green droid.

Furthermore, when I zipped the files you requested, their total size was less than 4MB, which means System and Data are empty (despite being 150MB outside the zip).

Check for yourself: http://db.tt/8JkeAW4q

From the init.rc of your provided micro7boot.img:

on fs
mkdir -p /mnt/sdcard
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard
# mount mtd partitions
# Mount /system rw first to give the filesystem a chance to save a checkpoint
mount ext2 loop@/mnt/sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files/ /system
mount ext2 loop@/mnt/sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files/ /system ro remount
mount ext2 loop@/mnt/sdcard/multiboot/data-loop-files/cm7-data /data nosuid nodev

I'm guessing the updater-script looks the same.

What is missing is the name for the system loop file, without that it has nowhere to install it and nowhere to boot from.

I'm uploading a new version with minor fixes, just remember that if there are no stated defaults then there are no defaults, you have to reply to all questions, hitting enter will not suffice.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I never just hit enter, I read the questions carefully and wait for each operation. Tested the new version, but still same result. :(

I tried also the flashable zip from post 330, but no difference.

I managed to extract boot.img with Cygwin and init.rc shows:

mount ext2 loop@/mnt/sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files/ss-s /system ro remount
mount ext2 loop@/mnt/sdcard/multiboot/data-loop-files/ss-d /data nosuid nodev

Any ideas why it doesn't work?

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

I never just hit enter, I read the questions carefully and wait for each operation. Tested the new version, but still same result. :(

I tried also the flashable zip from post 330, but no difference.

I managed to extract boot.img with Cygwin and init.rc shows:

mount ext2 loop@/mnt/sdcard/multiboot/system-loop-files/ss-s /system ro remount
mount ext2 loop@/mnt/sdcard/multiboot/data-loop-files/ss-d /data nosuid nodev

Any ideas why it doesn't work?

Well that is certainly an improvement in the init.rc. ;)

If you open the loop file.zip and go to /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script, what does the mount lines of that file say? Are you getting any errors when installing the .zip? (you can check the log in /tmp/recovery after installation in CWM using adb).

The last script is an exact copy of the script i tarred right off of my sdcard and i just made and installed SS-RLS7 without any problems.

As i've said before, since you do get to the point where it boots fine but doesn't show the "ANDROID" text (actually the boot animation if there is none installed and there isn't for SS-RLS7) then the error is either in mounting the loop files or in the content of the loop files.

Could you try to zip those files and post them, just to check if i can use your exact installation on my phone?

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
EDIT: Wait, it seems the ROM will finally boot! :blink: WOW, I can't believe it! I installed the exact same zip, didn't even touch my phone since last time (only restored boot and loaded NAND ROM). And now it boots to the loop ROM. :D Seems like it was an error in CWM, but it didn't show any! And last time I waited 7-8 minutes on the greed droid, now it boots in 2.

It seems CWM (v5.5.0.4) doesn't like the script (and you may have to install it more than once until it works), also v11 seems to had caused trouble in the boot.img.
But now it's OK. :)

Thank you very much for your work and time. :)

Previous contents of the post:
Spoiler

Edited by elrond_bs, 19 December 2012 - 08:17 AM.

android@sam

android@sam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Computers, MObilez...
  • Devices:DELL XCD35 aka ZTE BLADE
To resolve the problem of loop errors i think you should add following lines to check the loop files.If they are not make one by

if [ -b /dev/block/loop250 ]; then
echo “Loop device exists”
else
busybox mknod /dev/block/loop250 b 7 250

This creates new loop block and won't reproduce the problem we are facing..

Sony Ericsson UI On your ZTE BLADE

"CYANSCAPE"

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

To resolve the problem of loop errors i think you should add following lines to check the loop files.If they are not make one by

if [ -b /dev/block/loop250 ]; then
echo “Loop device exists”
else
busybox mknod /dev/block/loop250 b 7 250

This creates new loop block and won't reproduce the problem we are facing..

Good idea, i'll include the creation of a device in startup so there always is a free device for running the script.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (Portugal's ZTE Blade)
Snap.It one suggestion, you should post a script to wipe the Dalvik-Cache on the Loop Rom's Data IMG, im triyng to install a áudio mod that requires wipe of the dalvik-Cache, but i can't because i don't have access to it :P

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

ZTE Blade- MegaDrive 4.0.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users