[MOD] [SCRIPT] Multiboot via loop file [19/12]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest gunapriyan

Snap, You had specified CM10's procedure. I need CM9 as secondary ROM. Using CM10 as Primary. Then what can i change in your procedure.....Thanks in advance...

Guest razzmataz1478
Snap, You had specified CM10's procedure. I need CM9 as secondary ROM. Using CM10 as Primary. Then what can i change in your procedure.....Thanks in advance...

Changes from CM10:

Zip name says CM9 instead of CM10.

Type n where it asks you if the rom is jellybean.

Guest Snap.IT
Snap, makelooprom-startup[25]: ./makelooprom-android: can't execute : Permission denied.....

Same :huh:

Re-read the OP. The procedure has changed for this version.

It is now sh makelooprom-startup.

Guest android@sam

Snap.it

I think you should replace all the executing line by 'sh' instead of using './' in all the scripts in your tool.It's causing the permission issues throughout the scripts.

Guest Snap.IT
Good work I'm using Linux to create the multi boot rom but when I flash in Cwm it I get stuck in the green Man and I'm forced to restore my nand backup, is there something that I'm doing wrong?

That usually happens when the system name you gave isnt the same as the system file you created or you didnt move the entire contents of the multiboot folder to /sdcard/multiboot on your phone.

Guest Snap.IT
Snap.it

I think you should replace all the executing line by 'sh' instead of using './' in all the scripts in your tool.It's causing the permission issues throughout the scripts.

No. Those are calls for programs, not shell scripts. You can't sh a program. Try it and see what it says. ;)

There is no longer a problem with pernissions, it's fixed in the latest version.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest android@sam

Look at the post of gunapriyan on page before,where is complaining about the same permission issues he ran into.If you just look into the line no. 25 in makelooprom-android,again the same structure is causing the permission issues.

Guest Snap.IT
Look at the post of gunapriyan on page before,where is complaining about the same permission issues he ran into.If you just look into the line no. 25 in makelooprom-android,again the same structure is causing the permission issues.

I'm doing exactly as it says in the op :huh:

For the proof:

look at the scrrenshot.It's still causing the issues

http://i.imgur.com/BlR5M.png

First download the new version (MakeLoopROM-Android-V4.tar), unpack it and then re-read this part of the op:

3c. On Android, open up a terminal session, type su and hit enter, type cd /sdcard/MakeLoopROM and hit enter and then sh makelooprom-startup and hit enter.

Guest Snap.IT
@Snap.IT

Thank you sir, absolutely amazing. Really can't believe it, works like charm. Gen2 Blade.

Once again thanks for this wonderful gift.

You're welcome. :)

@Snap.IT

Thank you sir, absolutely amazing. Really can't believe it, works like charm. Gen2 Blade.

Once again thanks for this wonderful gift.

What rom are you using?

Guest android@sam

Right. I'm getting started on rewriting the app so it does what the script file does. Hopefully that will get rid of ALL these permission errors.

Nice job man!!! Good luck!!

Guest android@sam

You cant run that without the startup, the startup moves it to an ext2 loop and executes it from there.

Of course, you have to be su to run losetup so i should include that un the instructions.

Oh..sorry i missed that one.By the way nice solution.

Guest Snap.IT

Yes. CM10 Konst

It works for me on CM-10-KonstaKANG from 29/8, i'm running the loop script it to upgrade to 01/09 version right now.

My exact procedure:

1. Downloaded the MakeLoopROM-Android-V4.tar from the link in my OP to the root of the sdcard (/sdcard)

2. start terminal session

3. su

4. cd /sdcard

5. tar -xvf MakeloopROM-Android-V4.tar

6. cd MakeLoopROM

7. sh makelooprom-startup

It runs and completes, all files are in /sdcard/multiboot as they are supposed to, i'll install them in a bit to make sure that works too.

One question, did you change your SU on your rom (if you installed the wraithdu su per the V6-start me up script that may be the problem)

Guest Snap.IT

This is the output from the script after running sh makelooprom-startup.

This is the procedure i use to upgrade the previous ROM which i gave the example for in my earlier post.

Rather than create new loop files i choose to reuse the ones i made previously, i also don't want to format the data loop file since this is an upgrade and since i am running a loop rom i don't want to pull the boot.img from the currently running rom.

Since i am using the same partition i don't have to remake the gapps and GEN3 files i made in the earlier post, they already have the correct loop file in their updater-script so i can reuse them and they are still in my /sdcard/multiboot/loop-roms/cm-10-konstat-system directory.

Do you want to make an image file to hold the system for this ROM? (not neccessary if it's an upgrade from a previous ROM) Y for yes any other key for no.

n

Do you want to make an image file to hold the data for this ROM? (not neccessary if it's an upgrade from a previous ROM or you want to share a data image with another ROM) Y for yes any other key for no.

n

Type the name of the ROM you copied to this directory without the file ending. For example if your ROM file name is cm-7.2.0-blade.zip you type cm-7.2.0-blade

cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade

unzipping your ROM

Saving base and cmdline of boot.img from current ROM (cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade) for future use

Extracting the boot.img of current ROM (cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade)

Page size: 2048 (0x00000800)

Kernel size: 3511324 (0x0035941c)

Ramdisk size: 173245 (0x0002a4bd)

Second size: 0 (0x00000000)

Board name:

Command line: androidboot.hardware=blade console=null

Writing boot.img-kernel ... complete.

Writing boot.img-ramdisk.gz ... complete.

30000+0 records in

30000+0 records out

30720000 bytes transferred in 10.429 secs (2945632 bytes/sec)

mke2fs 1.41.11 (14-Mar-2010)

Filesystem label=

OS type: Linux

Block size=1024 (log=0)

Fragment size=1024 (log=0)

Stride=0 blocks, Stripe width=0 blocks

7520 inodes, 30000 blocks

1500 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user

First data block=1

Maximum filesystem blocks=30932992

4 block groups

8192 blocks per group, 8192 fragments per group

1880 inodes per group

Superblock backups stored on blocks:

8193, 24577

Writing inode tables: done

Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 21 mounts or

180 days, whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.

30000+0 records in

30000+0 records out

30720000 bytes transferred in 9.521 secs (3226551 bytes/sec)

Filesystem label=

Block size=1024 (log=0)

First data block=1

4 block groups

1880 inodes per group

8193, 24577

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 38 mounts or

30000+0 records in

30000+0 records out

30720000 bytes transferred in 6.917 secs (4441231 bytes/sec)

Filesystem label=

Block size=1024 (log=0)

First data block=1

4 block groups

1880 inodes per group

8193, 24577

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 32 mounts or

570 blocks

What is the name of the system image you'll be using for this ROM? If you made a system image before for this ROM then use that name () and if you want to reuse a system image file you've created before, use that name. Typos will result in a non booting installation

cm-10-konstat-system

What is the name of the data image you'll be using for this ROM? If you made a data image before for this ROM then use that name () and if you want to reuse a data image file you've created before, use that name. Typos will result in a non working installation

cm-10-konstat-data

If this is a Jelly Bean (CM10) ROM type y for yes, if it's not, type n for no.

y

Creating ramdisk cpio archive ...

Find compiled boot.img inside output folder as cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-bladeboot.img

Now fixing your updater-script so you can install this ROM into your loop image

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

Do you want this installation to format the data image used with this ROM?

Answer Y for yes if it's a new installation and N for no if you are upgrading

and want to keep the data on the data image. (Say yes if you would run wipe

data/factory reset in recovery if this was a normal install)

n

The data image used with this ROM will NOT be formatted during installation

All done, time to pack your ROM up again, it will be called cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade-loopinstall.zip and will be in multiboot/cm-10-konstat-system/loop-roms

If you are running this script on your NAND(internal) ROM you will want to save the boot image you're currently running so you can reboot back into the NAND ROM.

I can make you a copy of the boot img you are currently running, if you want me to do that then hit Y, otherwise (if you're running on a loop install or already have a copy of boot.img in multiboot that you want to keep) hit any other key.

n

Moving all files to your /sdcard/multiboot directory

Everything worked, cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade is ready for loop installation.

Happy multibooting :)

Snap.IT aka Jinxxed

Edited by Snap.IT