ICS date?

Guest originaliidea

Guest originaliidea

Any body know when 4.0 is due for release? (orange emails down an would prob take half hour to get some kind of answer off them on phone) <_<

*** edit - Just phoned Orange and they said it should be within a month.

Edited by originaliidea

Guest BlueMoonRising

Any body know when 4.0 is due for release? (orange emails down an would prob take half hour to get some kind of answer off them on phone) <_<

Sometime before the end of the year is as close as you're going to get.

Stick Holo Launcher on it and just pretend until then ;)

Well here we are.......September, ics update for x900. Probably will be the last day of September lol.

The question is, if we are on the x900 gingerbread rom, do we get a notification for ics through them, or do we still get orange update notification which will be October+ ? Not that it matters as we can download the USB update and flash on device.....assuming it will work and they have not worked out orange users are flashing their updates lol.

Edited by Guest

Guest punjabi

i see xolo is working on jelly bean :)

Yes, I thought I read that somewhere. Is it definitely confirmed then...? I wouldn't mind having Jelly Bean on this device, it would make it one fabulous phone!

Can't wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Xolo on facebook, "The ICS update is underway guys, we will have good news for you very soon!"

I don't know about you guys but I'm so excited...! :-)

Can't wait for the ICS update and see what improvements it brings to the OSD.

Hopefully, it won't be long for 4.1 Jelly Bean to be released. Maybe a couple of months but I can wait... Well I have to, don't I! ;-)

Yeah I know, playing games I think. Next they be saying October, considering it was August to begin with ;)

Then early September, (note only 10 days left in this month) almost like they stalling, for what, who knows.

On facebook xolo said to someone to hold their breathe, good news soon, on the 13th september :lol: he must be dead by now.

Edited by Guest

Latest Xolo on facebook, "The ICS update is underway guys, we will have good news for you very soon!"

I am getting sick and tired of waiting for the release of ICS... How much longer do we have to wait...!?

The end of the month is approaching only five days left now, so where are they with this update... :-(

Guest BlueMoonRising

I am getting sick and tired of waiting for the release of ICS... How much longer do we have to wait...!?

The end of the month is approaching only five days left now, so where are they with this update... :-(

You do realise that if Xolo release theirs, it doesn't mean that Orange necessarily will (at least not at the same time).

Guest BlueMoonRising

Can you chat to an orange employee through their website? How can you? I am going to keep asking them!

Good idea, you can chat with them online. They're all busy right now mind ;)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Oh, great. Just received a reply from Orange to my e-mail :-

"Please accept our apologies, we are in the process of improving our e-mail service, and cannot deal with your e-mail enquiry at this time.

For the moment, can we ask you to use one of our alternative Customer Service channels, where our advisors will be happy to answer any question or resolve any enquiry you may have.

You can contact us, between 8am to 10pm by :-

• dialing 150 from your Orange handset or
  • calling us on 07973100150 from a landline*
  • If your abroad you can also contact on 07973100150**
  • You can manage your account online, 24 hours a day at Your Account
  • You can also manage your account and get answers to most questions, using our Your Orange app, available to download for all smartphones
  • You can talk to one of our agents using our Click to chat services on our website
  • Alternatively, our Orange helpers are always ready to provide support if you visit our social media sites @OrangeHelpers on twitter or search for Orange Helpers on Facebook

Apologies once again, but we hope to be back soon with an even better email service, so we appreciate your understanding at this time.

*calls are charged at local rates if you're a BT customer, but if you're with another provider it may cost more so do check

** calls are charged at international rates."

It lets you send the e-mail and then sends you one back to tell you that the e-mail doesn't work...

Its been like that for at least a month....at least the reply NDR has changed it was saying due to "matters beyond our control"

They have a postal address but i'm betting the letterbox is glued shut

Guest vinnie080

Yes, I thought I read that somewhere. Is it definitely confirmed then...? I wouldn't mind having Jelly Bean on this device, it would make it one fabulous phone!

Can't wait...

Intel already have jelly bean working on orange San Diego. There's a video I watched of it running jb and it is lightening fast and very smooth! Cant wait for the update to come out and I think they are going straight to jb and missing ics out which is why it is taking them so long for the update to be released but then again I could be wrong.