xgt001

xgt001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900
Hi ,
sorry to dissapoint you all... I own a Xolo .. sent a mail to Xolo care inquiring about the ICS update... here is what they responded

Dear customer

Thank you for contacting us.

The ICS build for XOLO X900 is in the final stages of testing & verification being carried out in order to provide a favourable and a stable user experience to our customers. XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done. We stay committed to providing the ICS upgrade on XOLO X900 at the soonest.

Regards
Xolo-Care

yep, no date specified :(

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
"XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done."

Considering Intel are using Jelly Bean on their own phones already that's a crock for a start.

Since today is the last day of September and they were promising it by the end of the month, that gives them 11 hours(allowing for the +4:30 time difference) to release it.

What do you think the chances are? :(

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

xgt001

xgt001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900

"XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done."

Considering Intel are using Jelly Bean on their own phones already that's a crock for a start.

Since today is the last day of September and they were promising it by the end of the month, that gives them 11 hours(allowing for the +4:30 time difference) to release it.

What do you think the chances are?

dont count on it at all....... the best thing would be to leak a Jelly Bean image from Intel dev sources.... ofcourse signing it would have to be taken care of

Edited by xgt001, 30 September 2012 - 08:22 AM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

dont count on it at all....... the best thing would be to leak a Jelly Bean image from Intel dev sources.... ofcourse signing it would have to be taken care of

lol, I wasn't. I guess sarcasm doesn't come across too well in a forum.

I was thinking the same thing abut a leaked Intel JB. If they have it installed on their phones would it not be signed? Although thinking about it I suppose theirs could be boot loader unlocked.

Edit :- if there's any Intel employees reading this, nudge nudge wink wink...

Edited by BlueMoonRising, 30 September 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
We should all email xolo at 7;30 pm today in rage if it is not released. 7:30 , is their midnight

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

vermat17

vermat17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, OSF
I second that, to at least show them we're annoyed :P

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
I'm up for that, I presume it has to be via their website as I can't see a specific email address?

I've put a comment on their twitter and facebook feeds too.

vermat17

vermat17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
The email address for their customer services is [email protected]

This is the address I use for correspondence with them.

dec1153

dec1153

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange san diego
  • Twitter:@dec1153
Im up for it

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
1 hour to go, bit obvious it not gonna happen, 3 times now they said ics is coming!

dec1153

dec1153

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange san diego
  • Twitter:@dec1153
25 mins ...

Roger Barnett

Roger Barnett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Pulse 8220, OSD
I have just emailed them:-
"Dear Care
I am waiting for the release of ICS on Orange san diego. I have been told that it should be released before end of September.
I have not yet found the update on your website, or OTA.
Please can you explain this?

Regards
Roger Barnett
"

I Hope this helps gee them up : )

vermat17

vermat17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I have also sent them an email, though mine was slightly more annoyed and angry sounding than yours :P

And maybe you should have said ICS for the Xolo X900, rather than the OSD ;)

Gibson.1

Gibson.1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Surely if Xolo and Orange don't release an ICS update, or at least not for a long time, Intel would release ICS, I would assume they'd want their phones on ICS at least, if not JB?

I don't know exactly how it works, was just wondering if that was possible?

vermat17

vermat17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Could be possible, but I think it highly unlikely as Intel would leave it to the carriers of the phone to release it as and when they see fit...

Gibson.1

Gibson.1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Its a shame that's how it works, because Intel would probably be happy enough to do so if they weren't bound down by carriers. Xolo seem to be putting ICS dates off and telling white lies, but at least that seems as if an update would be closer than Oranges claim to have no information whatsoever.

gaz1969

gaz1969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:orange san diego
im resigned to this not happening...if it does then thats awesome..but not holding my breath..By the way,are you people checking for your update via settings/about/updates from ota?

gaz

Roger Barnett

Roger Barnett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Pulse 8220, OSD
Yes

Gibson.1

Gibson.1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I've been checking ota. Do Orange have a section to update via usb like Xolo do on their website or do they just do ota updates?

Ribs85

Ribs85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 16GB
My guess is that something has gone a bit tits up at their end...

Maybe they found some bug, maybe a security glitch, or something isn't quite right. The hint above that they are "working with Intel" (and assuming they are telling the truth here) would suggest that the ICS build wasn't as complete as we thought it was.

I was watching a video Google did for developers a couple of days ago. There was a guy on there who does certification for carriers. It seemed an unbelievably stupidly complex process. All sorts of test suites, regressions tests etc. etc. etc. His job was not my idea of fun.

My guess with us is that the upgrade path isn't too clean. I've lost count of the amount of times I've read "Do a factory reset" when installing a new custom ROM for my old devices. Even between releases of the same ROM, that's often the advice. They probably want a way of updating without wiping the device, and they are struggling to make sure that's working properly. But I'm only guessing.

It's all speculation at this point. It would be nice if they were just open and honest about the whole thing. "Sorry guys, we're delayed two weeks as we found a bug in the sound service", or "Yeah, one of our engineers just got hit by a bus"... It's the wall of silence, lies, and marketing crap which I think annoys more than anything else. If we had the honest information, I think many people would be more willing to accept and wait.

I can't see them deliberately delaying the update. There is no benefit to them, and I'm sure they don't want the bad vibes. Writing e-mails isn't going to help anything. Yeah, they've lied about release dates, and yeah, it sucks, but nothing we can do at our end will speed up the process. It'll be released "when it's ready", which is how it should be.

At the end of the day, we still have a device that works, and works well with Gingerbread. There aren't many bugs, and we're not loosing out a great deal by not having ICS. Sure, it'll be better when it arrives, but I'd rather wait and have a stable phone I can count on, than a phone that's buggy as s*** and annoys the hell out of me. I'm sure most of us have had an experience flashing a crap rom which makes things 100 times worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users