G300 disassembly

Guest shweeney

Guest shweeney

has anyone taken their G300 apart?

mine got wet and is now vibrating constantly - want to disassemble and clean the PCB or in extremis remove the vibrating unit altogether.

First question I guess is what size star-drive screwdrivers do I need?

Guest Al_1604

has anyone taken their G300 apart?

mine got wet and is now vibrating constantly - want to disassemble and clean the PCB or in extremis remove the vibrating unit altogether.

First question I guess is what size star-drive screwdrivers do I need?

Would you take some pictures as you go and post them?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LMariachi

Thanks, has anyone disassembled it?

I'm going to buy a screen replacement and the T5 Torx head screwdriver (thank you guys) and try to replace it.

Mine dropped to the floor with screen down ans cracked...f**cking Vodafone Portugal want's 80€ to replace it.

If i'm successfull i'll make a post with all steps for screen replacement. :unsure: :wacko:

Thanks, has anyone disassembled it?

I'm going to buy a screen replacement and the T5 Torx head screwdriver (thank you guys) and try to replace it.

Mine dropped to the floor with screen down ans cracked...f**cking Vodafone Portugal want's 80€ to replace it.

If i'm successfull i'll make a post with all steps for screen replacement. :unsure: :wacko:

Hello,

do you know where to buy spareparts for this mobile? I need to replace the silver screen bezel and I can't find where they sell it....

Thanks for advise

Guest shweeney

thanks to the folks on this thread I got the thing disassembled eventually.

this doohicky here is the vibrator:

post-862531-0-42157000-1347484632_thumb.

here it is after I plinked it off the PCB

post-862531-0-71756000-1347484644_thumb.

didn't seem to be anything I could do to stop it constantly vibrating so I ripped the wires off the PCB and reassembled. Unfortunately it appears the GSM circuitry is hosed (not sure if this is from the moisture, or my subsequent handiwork) so I can no longer connect to my mobile network leaving me with a rather small wi-fi only tablet. (also the lights behind the softkeys are constantly flickering, but this seems to be a cosmetic problem only)...