Grab a free cradle / charger and £25 with confused.com

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

How would you like a free car cradle and charger for your phone just for recording your driving style for 20 miles? How about £25 cashback on completion of 250 miles? Yes? Well, with the new MotorMate application from Confused.com, that's exactly what's on offer!

Confused.com have launched a new application - MotorMate - in association with RoSPA (Royal Society for the prevention of accidents) and My Drive that allows you to earn real rewards and understand how good a driver you are compared to a RoSPA expert driver.

MotorMate runs in the background of your Android phone while you’re driving and after each journey you are given a rating out of 5 based on how you brake, accelerate and drive at appropriate speeds. After you have covered 250 miles you'll receive your Confused.com MotorMark out of 100. This score is more reflective of your long term driving habits. The application is very similar to the Aviva 'RateMyDrive' application that we covered recently, but with the addition of free stuff. :)

Confused.com are also offering £25 cash back when you take our your motor insurance policy with them.

As always, terms and conditions apply (which can be viewed in full on the confused.com site), but the key points are:

• Each offer is limited to the first 5,000 applicants
  • Free cradle and charger needs to be redeemed by 31/10/12
  • 25 cashback on driving 250 miles to be redeemed by 31/10/12
  • £25 cashback for getting a motor insurance sale with us to be redeemed by 31/06/13

Ready to get started? Head on over to the Confused.com MotorMate page on the Play Store to install. An iPhone version is also available on the App Store.

Click here to view the item

Guest Cisco Kid

Done the mileage for dock & charger now, only just realised I should've done wifes at same time for when we get the 2nd car...doh, live & learn.

And remember the money wont be given til you take out insurance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confused_dot_com

Having read the reviews about the app I think I'll give it a miss :|

Following feedback from the android Play Store and across the web, we've released an update to the app that covers issues users found with the original design features of the app such as the ability to use the back button on handsets to end the app. The feature was not originally included in the initial release to avoid users unexpectedly ending the application during a journey.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.