* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
848 replies to this topic

dr.pythagora

dr.pythagora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
my LG L3 E400R (canadian version) does not find any network.

this happens when trying several scripts before i root the phone and after installing cm9.

is the canadian stock firmware available somewhere? how to flash this stock firmware? it is possible through linux?

any help will be very appreciated.

joe74

joe74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:LG L3-E400g
  • Twitter:@teoten

is the canadian stock firmware available somewhere? how to flash this stock firmware? it is possible through linux?

any help will be very appreciated.

Only Windoze, I guess...

Here da link>> http://www.modaco.co...400-stock-roms/

sparhawk76

sparhawk76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:lg e400r
dr.pythagora: I was working on a build for our phones when I lost the harddrive containing my build environment. Something in the phone is slightly different than the European version and the stock CM9 build will not work on our phone (I've traced it down to an incompatibility in the RIL Layer). Hopefully after the crazyness of the holidays settles I will have time to rebuild my build environment and will try and get a build out that works on the e400r.

To flash back the stock firmware on an e400r download it from the site mentioned above, then flash it by using KDZ_FW_UPD.exe after booting the phone into emergency mode by booting with both volume buttons held.

Sometimes after reflashing the firmware you will get stuck in a boot-loop, if you do, unplug the phone and remove the battery. Hold both Volume Down, and the center button down, then turn the phone on while holding them. This will reset the phone back to all stock settings.

joe74

joe74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:LG L3-E400g
  • Twitter:@teoten
Quite stable now (cm-9-20121223-NIGHTLY-e400.zip) in my E400g-v10a, in comparation to the first nightly I used (20121111).

Now I can mount both internal and external memories, in both *Linux and Windoze.

Good news is there are less issues now. The booting issue, and a pair I don't quite remember now.

By the way, I tried next launcher v1.11, much too shitty for $15.99. I got it for free from a developer friend of mine.

Merry effing Xmas.

zixen15

zixen15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:lg e400

Do u live in the UK? And what network are u on?

I am in Puerto Rico with T-Mobile USA. Can it be the European open does not work here? Claro PR got the E400G here no other company got it here. Mine is E400

Edited by zixen15, 25 December 2012 - 09:22 PM.

chelseartb

chelseartb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Lg Optimus L3 - STOCK ROM V10N
  • Twitter:@@chelseartb

I am in Puerto Rico with T-Mobile USA. Can it be the European open does not work here? Claro PR got the E400G here no other company got it here. Mine is E400

Not sure but the problem seems to exist with T-Mobile SIMs in europe and US

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
The E400r and e400g are msm7625a Chipset, European is msm7225a.

Cm9 is built for msm7225a at present.

dr.pythagora

dr.pythagora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

dr.pythagora: I was working on a build for our phones when I lost the harddrive containing my build environment. Something in the phone is slightly different than the European version and the stock CM9 build will not work on our phone (I've traced it down to an incompatibility in the RIL Layer). Hopefully after the crazyness of the holidays settles I will have time to rebuild my build environment and will try and get a build out that works on the e400r.

To flash back the stock firmware on an e400r download it from the site mentioned above, then flash it by using KDZ_FW_UPD.exe after booting the phone into emergency mode by booting with both volume buttons held.

Sometimes after reflashing the firmware you will get stuck in a boot-loop, if you do, unplug the phone and remove the battery. Hold both Volume Down, and the center button down, then turn the phone on while holding them. This will reset the phone back to all stock settings.

sparhawk76:
thanks for your message.
I did flash the V11 file linked above. All seemed to work fine, and the process completed with a "FINISH" word.
To mention that in the list of log messages I did have a fail message (something about 'set ....' at the begining of the flashing process).

After flashing the V11 file, the phone boots normally and nothing is different from my previous rom - all the apps there, the same pb with the network. It seems that V11 flash did nothing.
However, when I hard reset with "Vol up + Down + Power", then the phone really goes to stock firmware, but still no network.

Does V11 flash the radio as well?

Is there any way how to check whether my radio/modem fails physically?

Edited by dr.pythagora, 26 December 2012 - 11:36 AM.

zixen15

zixen15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:lg e400

Not sure but the problem seems to exist with T-Mobile SIMs in europe and US

@Hecatae thanks for that information, with that in mind I won't do something stupid with my phone.

@chelseartb that sucks, happened to my lg p509 too. I bet its because of their old tech sims

sevakek

sevakek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LG E400
-

Edited by sevakek, 26 December 2012 - 11:58 PM.

chelseartb

chelseartb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Are there any apps tht i can use to check the chipset of my phone and the e400 version it is... I.E if it is E400r or E400g
Also cm9 doesn't recognize any details about the SIM card.. all i can do is send text messages and make phone calls... i cannot connect to the mobile network and in the settings i cannot check my phone number.. it says unknown. I also downloaded a few SIM card info apps from the market and they all gave unknown for the details of the SIM card
Do u have any solutions to this?

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Ygreck

Ygreck

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
do you think it is a good idea to install this (something for the acer liquid) on the e400??

/edit on my device with miui this patch work good... or no change? i'm not sure, sorry

but my display isn't blurred (do you have read this? maybe the e400 have two different displays)

/edit2 i can't download apps from playstore after flashing...

Edited by Ygreck, 29 December 2012 - 03:37 AM.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

do you think it is a good idea to install this (something for the acer liquid) on the e400??

/edit on my device with miui this patch work good... or no change? i'm not sure, sorry

but my display isn't blurred (do you have read this? maybe the e400 have two different displays)

/edit2 i can't download apps from playstore after flashing...

it's not for the acer liquid, it's adreno 200 jellybean drivers that have been found to work on ics roms.

regarding the playstore problem, try wiping the cache in settings applications

sparhawk76

sparhawk76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:lg e400r

sparhawk76:
thanks for your message.
I did flash the V11 file linked above. All seemed to work fine, and the process completed with a "FINISH" word.
To mention that in the list of log messages I did have a fail message (something about 'set ....' at the begining of the flashing process).

After flashing the V11 file, the phone boots normally and nothing is different from my previous rom - all the apps there, the same pb with the network. It seems that V11 flash did nothing.
However, when I hard reset with "Vol up + Down + Power", then the phone really goes to stock firmware, but still no network.

Does V11 flash the radio as well?

Is there any way how to check whether my radio/modem fails physically?

Not sure if it flashes the radio as well. As far as checking your radio/modem you might be able to get some info with "adb logcat -b radio".

xshinichix

xshinichix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:lg e400, NOKIA 3310

it's not for the acer liquid, it's adreno 200 jellybean drivers that have been found to work on ics roms.

regarding the playstore problem, try wiping the cache in settings applications

after flashing cm9 i tried to flash the jellybean update but still my screen looks awful. i hope someone can find a way to help us install cm9 rom to new lg e400 phones :(

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

after flashing cm9 i tried to flash the jellybean update but still my screen looks awful. i hope someone can find a way to help us install cm9 rom to new lg e400 phones :(

currently running a V10K baseband and experiencing same issue, pulling proc/config.gz and build.prop

chelseartb

chelseartb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
The changelog isn;t working... what are the new changes in the 30.12 nightly

chelseartb

chelseartb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Also, does the radio driver interact with the SIM card becuase then i have the same problem with my radio driver

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

The changelog isn;t working... what are the new changes in the 30.12 nightly

changelog is working fine, there have been no updates to CM9 since cm-9-20121217-NIGHTLY-e400.zip

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users