ejayzin

ejayzin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Lg e400f

bitelaum and ejayzin

sdmerge mod installed?

No. How should I install? Just apply the zip file in recovery?
I have two partitions in my sd card, does this affects something?

Edit:
I saw your topic right now... I will try to install sdmerge mod to see if it solves my problem :)

Edited by ejayzin, 01 May 2013 - 10:46 PM.

gellmar

gellmar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus L3 E400
2all

New version of gellmar's mod for CM9:

e400-gellmar-mod-v1.3: http://sendfile.su/805284
e400-gellmar-mod-v1.3b (big lockscreen circle): http://sendfile.su/805287

New version of SDMergE400_step4:

SDMergE400_step4v1.3: http://sendfile.su/805289
SDMergE400_step4v1.3b (big lockscreen circle): http://sendfile.su/805296

changelog:

- USB mass storage write speed fix (3-4 MB/sec)
- White screen charger fix
- New charger icons
- New recovery with USB mass storage fix

f3tus

f3tus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
e400-gellmar-mod-v1.3 is just the patches without SDMergE400, right?

Edit:
Yes, found answer 1 page back:

e400_gellmar_mod_v1.2b for CM9 without SDMergE400

Thanks, by the way.

Edited by f3tus, 03 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

ejayzin

ejayzin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Lg e400f
Ok, I installed SDMerge and I made some tests along the week...
By the way, SDMerge is amazing! :)
But I faced some freezes again... And I realized (after a small observing time) that it starts to freeze after I use the messaging app(sms). Specifically when I don't receive a delivery report (??). After that, it starts to freeze a lot, and in different situations (when a stopwatch app is running, when my phone isn't awake, when I'm typing a message...). When it was in this "freezing period", the time between freezes reduces a lot while the phone is charging.
It only stops those freezes after a couple of days insisting, or a factory reset.
Does it makes sense? Any tips on what should I do?

Edited by ejayzin, 06 May 2013 - 02:35 AM.

gellmar

gellmar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
well, StanTRC discovered the same bug, but he got an info about no more pmem.

I should investigate it

nikufellow

nikufellow

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
@gellamar flashed the new v1.3b with big lock screen circle but still the write speed bug persists see

Posted Image

gellmar

gellmar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
2 mb/sec is not a bug... bug is 300 to 700kb/sec. You can try setting bigger value for ro.vold.umsdirtyratio in build.prop to see any difference

nikufellow

nikufellow

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Gellamar the thing is i have a 16 gb ' class 4' sd card and in stock rom i could easily get transfer speeds of up to 3.75mb/s, it might not be a bug! Anyhow I'll try build.prop value and report

Edited by nikufellow, 06 May 2013 - 03:21 PM.

joe74

joe74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:LG L3-E400g
  • Twitter:@teoten

It only stops those freezes after a couple of days insisting, or a factory reset.
Does it makes sense? Any tips on what should I do?

May it be some google app trying to run in background. See... I installed gapps the other day before applying SDMergE400 and there are a pair apps that are no available for my country. These were freezing the whole system. I disabled them (Play Magazine and Voice) and that freezing disappeared. You can't uninstall them but you can disable them.

Edited by joe74, 06 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Swaggzo

Swaggzo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I swear my phone is as slow as s***. most of my apps hang, others don't respond, while the rest force closes. and it started after Installed this sdmerge. I sometimes wish I didn't install it even though I don't wish to revert. you guys did a great job but.. all these bugs makes the job wacky. it took me more than 30minutes to even type this.. I had to relaunch my browser severally after it stopped responding and forced closed multiple times.

Ygreck

Ygreck

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
today I bought a new sim-card...
now i traped in the old sim-bug!

the phone didn't recognozied the sim-card, I can't use the sim at all

how can I help the devs? logcat?

Attached Files

Edited by Ygreck, 06 May 2013 - 10:03 PM.

gellmar

gellmar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
logcat -b radio there?

Ygreck

Ygreck

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

logcat -b radio there?

Here, I hope this help...

Attached Files

Edited by Ygreck, 09 May 2013 - 06:17 PM.

nikufellow

nikufellow

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Good day can anybody using cm9 on a regular basis tell me if they are experiencing the following problems am experiencing them i just want to know whether these are common bugs
*When auto rotation is disabled the device reboots randomly and most frequently freezes/gets stuck
*After some idle time (or randomly) the packet data fails to connect/work and one has to disable and re enable data or re boot to get it back working
Thanks in advance

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  • Devices:Moto E

Good day can anybody using cm9 on a regular basis tell me if they are experiencing the following problems am experiencing them i just want to know whether these are common bugs
*When auto rotation is disabled the device reboots randomly and most frequently freezes/gets stuck
*After some idle time (or randomly) the packet data fails to connect/work and one has to disable and re enable data or re boot to get it back working
Thanks in advance

*yes
*yes

gellmar

gellmar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
The second - yes, and I am trying to fix it. But I have never tried the first. Any kernel logs on reboots?

Swaggzo

Swaggzo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

The second - yes, and I am trying to fix it. But I have never tried the first. Any kernel logs on reboots?

I used to have both problems until I tried another nightly.. he should also do same.

skunk_claudio

skunk_claudio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus l3 e400

I swear my phone is as slow as s***. most of my apps hang, others don't respond, while the rest force closes. and it started after Installed this sdmerge. I sometimes wish I didn't install it even though I don't wish to revert. you guys did a great job but.. all these bugs makes the job wacky. it took me more than 30minutes to even type this.. I had to relaunch my browser severally after it stopped responding and forced closed multiple times.

Try reinstalling apps!

same here.

by the way i'm testing gellmar-mod-1.3 (without sdmerge) and it runs quite well (better than nightly). usb storage works but it mounts volumes automatically before i select "activate storage" (but i'm on linux maybe it doesn't happend on windows). actually it's not a big bug and it doesn't give problems! nice work with kernel, wifi stopped freezing randomly. good job overall! thanks gellmar, for your work!

nikufellow

nikufellow

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
^i have the same issue of volumes automatically mounting w/o 'selecting turn on usb storage' btw i like it so haven't bothered to report :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users