• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

konpa

konpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade II (P735T)
After hours of searching and several desperate attempts, I'm proud to finally have found a solution and a rather simple one at that.

http://androidandme....#comment-353965

After having executed the following commands:
 adb reboot bootloader
 fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

Instead of executing "fastboot reboot", simply disconnect the USB cable and remove the battery for a while. After having reinserted the battery, power it on in the typical recovery fashion (holding down the "volume down" button and pushing the power button until the device begin its boot process, do not release the "volume down" button before you have entered CWM recovery) and you should enter CWM recovery.

EDIT: Apparently, you'll only be able to access CWM recovery on this sole instance. In any further attempts you would simply land at FTM ("volume down") or Android recovery ("volume up" or "adb reboot recovery"). If you want to enter CWM recovery again, you're going to have to redo the flashing process and remove the battery, as explained earlier in this post. Such is at least the case for me.

Edited by konpa, 14 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Mekail

Mekail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE II

After hours of searching and several desperate attempts, I'm proud to finally have found a solution and a rather simple one at that.

http://androidandme....#comment-353965

After having executed the following commands:
 adb reboot bootloader
 fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

Instead of executing "fastboot reboot", simply disconnect the USB cable and remove the battery for a while. After having reinserted the battery, power it on in the typical recovery fashion (holding down the "volume down" button and pushing the power button until the device begin its boot process, do not release the "volume down" button before you have entered CWM recovery) and you should enter CWM recovery.

EDIT: Apparently, you'll only be able to access CWM recovery on this sole instance. In any further attempts you would simply land at FTM ("volume down") or Android recovery ("volume up" or "adb reboot recovery"). If you want to enter CWM recovery again, you're going to have to redo the flashing process and remove the battery, as explained earlier in this post. Such is at least the case for me.

BOW DOWN TO THE SAVIOUR :D :D

This is a nice trick.it worked and I just need one boot in CMW to install super user for root access and I got it. Thank man. I will quote your solution in other threads. BTW which version CMW you tried. I heard v 6.x.x.x should also work on Blade2.

Also it would be nice idea if the fix posts should be linked in the main post of this tread.

Mekail

Mekail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE II
Also A nice working custom rom for Blade 2 will be nice to know about.

Yorg0

Yorg0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade 2
To make the recovery sticky edit "install-recovery.sh" in /system/etc and supress all the lines or add a "#" before every line or simply delete it.

This script replaces your recovery at startup if it gets corrupted in case of problems

Jairu

Jairu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 2
For a newbie some explainations, on how to effectively do the root, like where to put the files, remain in the comp. or transfer on SD card, the phone should be all the time conected by usb cable, i am really confused, after applying root method need to install a diferent rom, the stock one is stil working?
If someone will find time and patience to answer, many thanks.
Later Edit
I done using info provided by Jenck in post 4 (thank's) step by step. About the memory i use now link2sd with a ext2 partition on my sd card, work fine even with widgets, Stil searching for a custom rom, seems there are not any available for this phone.
Thank"s again and keep up the good job.

Edited by Jairu, 02 May 2013 - 05:56 AM.

sui785

sui785

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade II, 2x
  • Twitter:@silent785
Ok I guess this phone is officially not supported for third party roms?

MW4EVER

MW4EVER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:BLADE II
please someone port cyanogenmod or something :(

Spen53

Spen53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 2
When flashing recovery.img, I get the message "writing 'recovery'... FAILED <remote: flash write failure>

Can anyone help?

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, HTC Desire
Sounds like you're not in the correct mode to flash. There is a different way to install though, but I'm not sure if the button combination will be different from my ZTE crescent.

Rename the. Bin file too image.bin and place it within a folder on the root of your SD card. Now here's where the device may differ, for me I have to turn off the device, then WHILST holding the volume + and home key, turn it on. If you see a bar go across the screen, you have succeeded.

If you can actually get into Android, you can also just perform a system update from the SD card when the bin file is located in the same place as I said for the other method above.

williamh120

williamh120

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
I'm having the exact same problem as that described above, when attempting to flash the recovery.img file listed at the beginning of this topic, via ADB in a command prompt in Windows with administrative privileges:

c:\adb\Android>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (8552 KB)... OKAY [ 2.140s]
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
finished. total time: 3.373s

However, I have no means of accessing the stock FTM recovery area; I can no longer access it. Holding down the DOWN volume button and the power button no longer gets me into it (the procedure here appears to have broken it).

So unfortunately I cannot experiment with what dodgetimmy has suggested might be an option, but I would appreciate more details.

So what do I do now? How do I root this phone (Orange San Francisco II)?

williamh120

williamh120

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
Panic over. Tried an alternative recovery image to get Clockworkmod flashed, and that succeeded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users