Returning Broken Phone - Unroot etc

Guest Waldorf

Guest Waldorf

So my G300 seems to be broken and I need to return it to Vodafone but to do that I presume I need to unroot it? Initially the problems started when I changed to the stock ICS rom so I switched to Infusion hoping that would solve it but then parts of the screen were completely unresponsive and the phone woul randomly start dialling numbers or inputting random letters into the google search bar.

So I downgraded back to Gingerbread B885 and now the screen is completely unresponsive everywhere so I can't even get past the lock screen. Does anyone have any advice on how I can unroot it and anything else that I need to do to ensure that I can return it to Vodafone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Dazzozo

How did you downgrade? Did you just restore a CWM backup? You have to downgrade properly as touchscreen firmware changed in the official ICS update.

Just put it back on B885 properly and return it.

Guest jontylol

I have the same problem. Screen totally unresponsive and i'm stuck on infusion.

Gonna try and downgrade using the middle file method and hope it works, as that is the only way I can think of doing it without using any screen commands as its a power on with volume up and down held to flash...

If that doesn't work, im gonna be pretty stuck as the imei hack method reqires an imei backup and use of the touch screen...

Does anyone have any idea of what i can do, or is there a way that you can backup imei via a pc or something?

Guest Waldorf

Pretty sure it is. You could also check volume up and power on to see if CWM has gone :)

Cheers... just did that. CWM seems to have gone... It went to some sort of recovery page but the text was blue instead of green and it had less options.

Guest jontylol

Yup, thats the standard recovery that came with the stock phone :) Should be good to go back!

Lets hope mine will downgrade without any problems!

Guest Waldorf

Yup, thats the standard recovery that came with the stock phone :) Should be good to go back!

Thanks man... Best of luck with yours. The downgrading tool that I linked to worked pretty seamlessly for me so hopefully it will be the same for you. :)

Guest jontylol

Well poo. That didn't work...

Now i'm pretty stuck. Anyone got any ideas of what I can do to try and downgrade my device with no screen control at all?

Guest jontylol

Okay, I've managed to get it back to the official chinese ICS... But the downgrade middle file refuses to flash, but it gives me text this time saying "update failed" rather than just the pink bar.

However it's back to the factory restore which should mean it's not rooted anymore right? In which case I should be able to go into the vodafone shop and say "Yeah, it stopped working so I thought I would upgrade it using the OFFICAL ICS from the HUAWEI WEBSITE but it still isn't working. I think thats the best I'm gonna get without any screen control..

Unless anyone else has any ideas?

Guest Davidoff59

Were you guys using the stock huawei unlock by any chance as it can cause issues? Sounds like the issue I had on my first phone, even flashing a new rom and I was still stuck on lockscreen.

Guest Waldorf

Same here... It was a gradual process over a few days with the phone being somewhat unresponsive to start with to now being completely unusable. This started on ICS and I downgraded in the hope that it would fix it but it has actually made it worse.

Sorry to hear that didn't work for you jojotylol :(

You might be able to get away with that explanation with Vodafone though.

Guest jontylol

There is a hard bricking method, if you chose to go that root. No phone access via any method including fastboot and adb

Hard bricking method? That doesn't sound like a good thing..

Guest jontylol

jonty, you never know when you might need it.

I don't know what it is though. And if it bricks your phone then theres literally nothing you can do right? I'm sure you won't be able to take a bricked phone back...

Guest Davidoff59

its been done already Jonty. There are some issues which point to a motherboard problem. The device has a 12 month warranty from memory and a few quality issues.

Guest jontylol

its been done already Jonty. There are some issues which point to a motherboard problem. The device has a 12 month warranty from memory and a few quality issues.

Ahhh right, I always assosciate bricking with software. But I now understand why you said 'hard bricking'! Makes sense now :)

Guest Maximus9

Did you return it to Vodafone? Any issues?

You must be kidding, lot of issues, still never heard from them after 3 months. I want to open a case against them for stealing. Maybe others would join.